~1~

~Y/N's POV, Past tense~

I met Daron in our first year of high school. We were in the same class together, and ended becoming friends over our shared love of music. We walked to school together most mornings, and we would practice guitar together from time to time. He was my best friend ever, but as we got older, i developed romantic feelings towards him. I tried to keep them to myself, assuming it they would go away, but they stayed. When I saw him I would get butterflies and my heart would skip a beat, and when his name was mentioned it'd always catch my attention, whether it was meant to or not. It was driving me insane, seeing this boy everyday who had no clue how much i yearned for his love, for his touch. Eventually I told him, and I wasn't expecting my feelings to be reciprocated, but they were. We dated for the last year of highschool. We were so happy and did everything together, and were even voted  "most likely to get married" in our yearbook.  However, after graduation this would all change.

I was very clever and creative in high school, I was excelling at almost all of my subjects and I felt as though if I were to persue a career in something creative, I'd be putting my smarts to waste, so I applied to Law School and was lucky enough to get in. Daron, however, decided to keep playing music. I still played guitar, but not as often as I did back in high school. He was in a Band; "Soil" they were called, with his older friend Serj.

 I really hoped he would do well, as I couldn't help him because my school was ages away, although we still called regularly. Because of the distance between us, we were no longer an offical couple.  He called me one night saying how two of their band members had quit right after their first gig. I was so worried for him.  Eventually, the band's previous manager, Shavo, had decided he'd become their new bassist and they had gotten a new drummer named John. They renamed the band "System Of A Down" and they started getting popular, however, with my tiring University work and Daron's constant practicing and performing, we gradually just stopped calling one another. I dated other people and i assumed he did too. We grew apart and I had almost forgot about him completely.

~411 words~