𝟓. 𝑴𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆

𝐄𝐙 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭

Three postponed deliveries were rescheduled on this chilly October morning. Ezri awakened at six AM, on edge, and in terrible pain. Saheed's percocet gift laid next to him for convenience. Aiding him from rambling around in pain.

Since his day had already been commenced by seven o'clock; Ezri decided to tackle a needy list of commands. It would take multiple phone calls, an extra three thousand dollars, and even a conference meeting to approve all of his requests.

Outside of racing, EZ is also known as the CEO of Eastside's Dispensaries. It's been three years since he opened the first shop in Harlem. High demands for 'The East Pak' have led to the new addition in Brooklyn.

"I'm just saying, you should be takin' shit easy," Pediatrician, Tyler Mancini warned Ezri. The two were now alone in the half-assembled lobby. Tyler hadn't realized, stopping in Brooklyn, meant walking into a retail construction site.

"You went to Sinai?" He asked for a second time. The question has clouded his judgment for most of their conversation. Tyler couldn't understand how Chastity would let Ezri leave. Especially if she was his lead nurse, as Ezri described briefly.

"I told you, I went to Sinai."

"And Chastity just let you leave?"

Ezri wanted to laugh at the boldly asked question. Of course, reflexes didn't let his guard down. Chastity letting him leave? As if, they could hold each other back. If anything, Chas would be the one to push him away. It would be Ezri that tries to fight or fix anything. It's always been Ezri.

"750, right?" EZ asked regarding his payment amount. This would be the fourth favor he called in this morning. As promised, Tyler came through when Ezri refused to go into another hospital.

Dr. Mancini wasn't stupid for his friends, but lenient at times. He's responsible for one antibiotic and that's all. His concern is the care of the gunshot wound—plus he knows Ezri. Gaining access to painkillers isn't something he needs Tyler for.

"Keep it," Tyler told him, waving his hand dismissively at the crisp blue bills. "Keep it, but you need to come in and get your wound checked on."

Ezri made a mental note to schedule some time aside for that. Chastity had been right about one thing—his wound's aftercare had to be a priority. 

"I'll let you know when." EZ clarified, still handing over two hundred dollars. A gesture that seemed reasonable, and so Tyler extended his own hand to accept the trade.

"I need to put a word in with Chastity or one of the TCNs at Sinai. Hopefully, NYPD ain't looking for you."

Ezri stared blankly ahead at the second mention of her today. Partially not expecting Chastity to be discussed so much. "It's not illegal to refuse services at a hospital, Tyler."

"No, but it's not the smartest either. Especially when it's reported to the ward clerk, and they report it to NYPD," Tyler informed him.

Leaving is free will, but the cops can still pose the question as to why. Indeed the act had been impulsive and emotionally driven. Ezri knew he couldn't stay in a hospital with Chastity aiding him through, however.

He would never express to anyone how his emotions got the best of him during those lonely hours. Feelings that were brewing for months reached a peak. That moment happened two nights ago, and EZ's better judgment realizes he should've only rejected Chastity's services. Possibly taken her up on the offer for a different floor.

On this Friday, Tyler had an intensive work schedule to adhere to. So, he and EZ spoke briefly while heading outside to the sidewalk.

From across the street, the front door at Malia's Beauty swung open. The familiar face caught Ezri's attention as he toyed with the partially smoked blunt. Now left alone with his thoughts, he took the first pull. The weed instantly brought relief to the stiffness in his thigh.