• 𝐈 𝐍 𝐓 𝐑 𝐎 𝐃 𝐔 𝐂 𝐓 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍 •

• ∞ • ∞ • ∞ •

C O M P L I C A T E D | An Original Story

Started: June 1, 2024
Finished: July 1, 2024

• ∞ • ∞ • ∞ •

High school was never supposed to be complicated for Emory. She's nearly halfway through her junior year, and so far, her methods of keeping her head down and her headphones in have served her well. She has decent grades, a good relationship with her dad, and her best friend by her side. What more could she ask for?

Karter Westbrook—the golden boy she's been in love with since her freshman year—is the last person she expects to throw a wrench in her plans for a quiet end to the semester. When circumstances outside of their control cause their paths to cross, Emory finally gets a chance to grow closer to the boy she's spent years admiring from afar. She uncovers sides of him that she's always wanted to learn more about ... but they don't come without a price.

As Emory falls deeper into the rabbit hole that is Karter's world, she begins to scratch beneath its shiny exterior, uncovering the webs of secrets and half-truths he's gotten himself tangled in. Emory's life was never supposed to be complicated. But with every day that she spends by Karter's side, it becomes more apparent that simplicity is the price she must pay for this boy.

The only question is this: is Karter Westbrook worth the cost?

• ∞ • ∞ • ∞ •

• E M O R Y •

Name: Emory (Em) Steinberg
Age: seventeen
Grade: 11th (junior year)

• K A R T E R •

Name: Karter Westbrook
Age: eighteen
Grade: 12th (senior year)

• C L A R A •

Name: Clara Kuei
Age: sixteen
Grade: 11th (junior year)

• A T T I C U S •

Name: Atticus Flemming
Age: seventeen
Grade: 12th (senior year)

• M A Y B E L L E •

Name: Maybelle (May) Ganeson
Age: eighteen
Grade: 12th (senior year)

• Z A W Y E R •

Name: Zawyer Dunn
Age: seventeen
Grade: 11th (junior year)

• J A D E •

Name: Jade Mekuna
Age: seventeen
Grade: 11th (junior year)

• ∞ • ∞ • ∞ •

DEAR READER:

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you for clicking on this story. Before we get started, there are a few things you should know. Please take a few minutes to carefully read the following.