CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CLARA’S POV

“What the fuck do you think you are doing??” Arsenio asked as he gazed at me intensely.

“Hmm…n…no..noth…nothing.” I said stuttering.

I tried getting up from the bed but his grip on my hand prevented me from doing so.

“Please let go of me.” I said.

“Why are you in my room??? What the fuck happened to me??” he asked.

“Just let go of me first and I will explain everything.” I said as he tightened the grip on my hand.

He continued his intense gaze at me as he slowly loosened the grip on my hand.

“Now talk.” he said.

“You passed out….I don’t know if you can remember but you were shot and kept on bleeding a lot and so you passed out and a doctor came over here to take care of you.” I said.

“Where is he??” he asked.

“Where is who??” I asked in confusion.

“The doctor Cretina( dumbass).” 

“Ohh…he left a while ago and told us that you would be asleep for a while but apparently that doesn’t seem to be the case.” I said.

“And Sergio???”

“He left for important work and asked me to take care of you.” I said.

“He asked you to take care of me??? Is that the reason why you were touching me??”

“I..I…didn’t…to…touch…you.” I said stuttering.

I have never been a good liar and so when I do, I get nervous and stutter so bad and that always gives me away.

“You didn’t touch me, so what were you doing then Clara??” he asked as he moved closer to me.

“I…I…wa…was..just…che..checking…yo…your….temperature.” I said as I avoided his eyes.

“You were checking my body temperature with your hand???” he asked as he suddenly burst into laughter.

I knew I was definitely bursted.

“Has anyone ever told you that you are a terrible liar Clara??” he asked as he stopped laughing.

“No….not really.” I said in almost a whisper.

“Then I am telling you right now that you are a terrible liar…..and you need to work on your lying skills.” he said.

I was too shy to respond to him and as I was about to stand up from the bed and walk away, he grabbed my hand and pulled me so close to him that his face and mine were inches away.

His hands slowly touched my face and I could swear that I almost melted like salt in water due to his touch.

His intense gaze at me made my stomach churn in desire and I wanted him so badly to kiss me.

I stared at his lips and back at his eyes and could tell that he was studying my every move.

“You intrigue me Clara…from the moment I saw you, you have been like a mystery I’ve been trying so hard to solve.” he said in almost a whisper.

“I don’t understand sir.” 

“You don’t need to understand.” he said as he moved his lips closer to mine.

Just as he was about to kiss me, we heard a gentle knock on the door and I pulled away from Arsenio and stood up so fast that one would assume I just did something terribly bad.

“Come in.” Arsenio said as he cleared his throat.

There was this awkward tension between us and the crazy part of it all was that I liked it.

The door was opened and madam Irene walked in with some food.

“Hello Renio…I heard some noise and so I assumed you were awake.” she said.

“Yes….Clara was just explaining to me everything that happened….weren’t you Clara??” Arsenio asked.

“Hmmm….sir???” I said awkwardly, earning a soft chuckle from him.

“Well, I brought you some hot chicken soup…it would help you heal faster because I added some special native herbs to it.” she said smiling.

“Thank you so much…I appreciate it.” Arsenio said smiling.

“Renio, I know that you are strong and all that but please whenever you see yourself in a situation like this again because I am sure it’s still going to happen, please don’t self medicate…get proper treatment so you won’t get an infection.” 

“I am fine Irene….I can handle these things myself.”

“Not exactly what the doctor said a while ago Renio…and from the looks of it, it seems you were shot too a little while before this one.”

It was then it occurred to me that I had seen something like a bullet wound before but I didn’t pay attention to it because of the new one.

“What exactly does Arsenio do for a living??” I asked myself.

“Julia dear, kindly get Renio some water…lukewarm water please.”

“Yes ma'am.” I said as I walked away.

I went to the kitchen and got the water and on my way back to the room, I met Sergio.

“I thought I fucking asked you to stay with him??!!!” he yelled at me.

“He is awake already and madam Irene is there with him at the moment….I was asked to bring him water.” I said nervously.

“Wait, boss is awake??? I thought the doctor said he would be out for a while??”

“I was shocked when he woke up…madam Irene just served him food.” I said.

“You can go on with what you were doing.” he said as he walked away.

Everyone in the house was weird and especially Arsenio because it seemed danger loomed around him the most and it was a thing of concern for me because my safety was also at stake.

I walked back to Arsenio’s room as he talked with Sergio and madam Irene.

I felt like a third party in their conversation and so I dropped the water and excused myself as I walked away to my room.

As I laid on the bed, I reminisced about the whole thing that happened earlier and I wondered how it was that everyone around the house was cool with people breaking in and shooting Arsenio.

I had to find out what Arsenio did for a living and that too as soon as I could.

As my mind continued to wander, I didn’t know when I fell asleep.

Suddenly, I jerked awake as I heard the door of my room opening and as I gradually came back to my senses, I saw Arsenio standing by the door.

“What are you doing here sir?? You are supposed to be resting.” I said.

He suddenly walked over to me and crashed his lips to mine.

“I want you.” he whispered.

Hello my lovelies ❤️🌹 did you miss me??

I am Terribly sorry for not posting for a while...I have been so busy with other engagements and I ask for your forgiveness 🥺🥺

Now what do you all think will happen in the next chapter 😉

Stay tuned!!!

And also please fam check out my book "THE ALPHA'S PAINFUL REJECTION" on HINOVEL.

If you love this book, his mistress, you would love "THE ALPHA'S PAINFUL REJECTION" ❤️🌹