𝖎𝖛. 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗, 𝖉𝖔𝖈

CHAPTER 4:SAVE HER, DOC(3x9: penelope)

CHAPTER 4:
SAVE HER, DOC
(3x9: penelope)

▣▣▣▣▣▣

        BY THE TIME THEO GOT to the hospital, everyone else was already there. "Sorry, I tried to get here as quickly as I can. What do we know?" she asked, coming to a halt beside the group of people, and Hotch turned to look at her.

        "Police think it was a botched robbery."

        Theo nodded, processing this information, then looked around with a frown. "Where's Morgan?" She just realized that they were one man down.

        "He's not answering his cell," JJ told Theo with a shake of her head, and Theo turned to look back at Hotch once again. She could see on his face that there was something else as well. And she wasn't the only one noticing it.

        "What aren't you saying?" Rossi asked, stepping closer as he looked Hotch in the eye.

        Their unit chief sighed as he averted his eyes, he clearly held something back. "I spoke to one of the paramedics who bought her in. It doesn't look good," he muttered, and JJ, Emily and Reid shared a look, while Theo and Rossi stared at Hotch. How the hell could something like this happen?

        They couldn't do anything besides wait for the surgery to end and the doctor to come out and tell them the news—let it be good or bad—so they all chose to either sit down onto the couches or stand by the walls, and do just that. Theo watched the other two women sit down with Reid and Hotch at the other side of the waiting room, and she thought about joining them, but then couldn't bring herself to actually do so. Suddenly, she was overcome with the strange feeling that she was only an outsider here. Look at them, holding each other's hands and sitting in their small circle, and there was her, not being able to do the same. Don't get it wrong, she liked Garcia, she wished her to be alright, but she realized she wasn't a part of what they had. A family.

        So she turned around to look for a place to wait, then noticed Rossi standing by the wall, lost in his thoughts. She didn't need to think twice to join him or not, realizing that he was an outsider as well, just like herself. Rossi's eyes flickered as he noticed Theo getting closer, he took in her appearance. She had got home and probably was already ready to get in bed by the way she looked. No makeup, black leggings, a white hoodie which was at least two sizes too big, and white sneakers.

        "Were you deprived from a good night sleep as well?" Rossi asked with a smile on his lips, and Theo chuckled as she came to a halt in front of him. He was wearing casual clothes too, jeans with a dark blue sweater, instead of the usual shirts and suit jackets. Looks like they were the only ones having enough time to go home before coming here. "I'm not always right but I'm never wrong," he read off the text from the front of Theo's hoodie, then added with a nod, "I need one of these too."