SHOTGUN-- [01]

[1]

The warm air lightly touches my skin as I wiped a thin film of sweat from my forehead. I almost forgot the reason I was here at school. Oh yeah, it's our Foundation Day and seniors are required to be in attendance. I sighed and shook my head. If I had not gone to school, I could have been asleep by now. It's a quarter past three and yet the school program hasn't started. I'm starting to get bored being alone in our gloomy classroom where numerous hauntings have been reported. I mentally laughed and shook my head. Why am I scaring myself? Silly me.

I stood up and took my bag. I dusted my uniform and headed out the door to look for someone to talk to. Now, where on earth would I find my mentally challenged cool friends? Maybe by the library, studying. But then, who in their right minds would be studying when you dan't have classes for a week? Maybe they're at the canteen, eating to their hearts' content. Or maybe, they're at the faculty, having a lively chat with our teachers, those little suckers. Or they must have gone home, and I'm forever alone.

I reached the mini-park behind our classroom building and sat there. I wrapped my arms around my legs and watched the little ants scuttle by my foot. I played with one, blocking its way with a little stick I picked up the ground. Now, I was seated facing the wall of our building, in case a classmate would wander about in our room.

Loud music was booming from the stage across the campus. So loud that I could even feel the rock I sit on throb to the beat. I heard faint footsteps behind me. I did not bother checking who was it since a lot of students usually pass this way.

The footsteps began to subside. They have gone to another direction. I looked up at our classroom window but then I never saw anything because everything went black.