27. 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

27. one last night

season one, episode eleven: tape 6, side a

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

The drive to Bryce's house was quiet, considering Zach was pouting most of the way because his car was in the shop. Nessa secretly hated that she had to drive everywhere, for the sole fact that she hated driving. The two eventually made it, and grabbed two beers for themselves.

Bryce and Jessica were playing a round of poker, and suddenly Nessa regretted coming. She hated seeing Jessica around Bryce, knowing what had happened. Although, Jessica was so hellbent on it being a lie that Nessa didn't know what to believe.

A little while later, Justin stormed into the pool house with Alex in tow. Jessica's lip upturned, and Alex immediately made his way over to Nessa, who greeted him with a soft kiss.

"Justy! Alex!" Bryce exclaimed as the two entered.

"Oh, get a room." Zach said as he looked over at his sister and her boyfriend, disgust painted on his face.

"We will." Nessa replied calmly, shutting her brother up.

"About fucking time, you guys, Nessa was missing her boyfriend." Bryce teased. "These cards are getting stale, come on guys."

"Actually, Jess and I had this thing planned." Justin spoke up. The tension in the room was so strong, it couldn't even be cut with an ax.

"No, we don't." Jessica declared as she scoffed, not even looking up from the cards she was shuffling.

"We were going to get a late dinner." Justin said, and Jessica laughed, continuing to count the cash that she had in her hands. "Let's go."

"When did you tell me about dinner? Was that before or after you walked out on me today?" Jessica retorted.

Everyone exchanged glances with each other, unsure of how to react or what to say.

"Ooh." Bryce finally said. "Justin, sounds like you'd better make it up to her by losing a few hands. Come on, sit."

Justin regretfully sat down, and Nessa got up, allowing Alex to have her seat. She plopped down on his lap as he wrapped his hands around her waist to stable her. Zach looked over at the two, rolling his eyes as he cleared his throat.

"Alright!" he said. "Well, the game is Texas Hold 'Em. Five dollar ante, five dollar minimum bet."

"Ness, you want your own seat?" Jessica asked.

"No, I'm good." Nessa replied sweetly. "I like mine."

"Nah, everyone needs their own seat, everyone's playing." Jessica said, getting up.

"Seriously, it's fine, Jess." Nessa protested. "Alex hates poker, anyways."

"No, he's playing, and so are you." Jessica ordered, and she pushed her empty chair closer to Alex's. She grabbed Nessa delicately by her wrists and pulled her off of Alex and into her own chair. After that, she went over to Bryce and pushed herself into his lap. Nessa glanced at Alex, and then at Zach, and then at Justin.

"Jess, what the fuck?" Justin asked angrily. "I don't want to fucking play cards right now."

"I said your deal!" Jessica spat, throwing the cards at Justin.