Chapter 39 Out On The Beach

I stare at the picture of Lu that Dalton sent me last night. I put my phone down when Ash comes out of the shower and I get up and walk into the bathroom. Finding him with a towel around his waist and looks up just as I wrap my arms around him and bury my head into his chest.

Ash sets his head on mine, "Are you sure you want to do this today? We can stay home instead of going to the beach."

I shake my head and kiss his chest, "No, I want to go. However, do you think I will look fat."

Ash laughs and shakes his head, "No. You are growing a baby, you are glowing and beautiful."

I smile and shake my head pushing him out so I can get ready. Once we are ready Ash carries everything to my car not allowing me to lift a thing, even though I am chubby somehow he reassures me that I will look beautiful pregnant. Ash hands me my keys allowing me to drive and locks the front door.

Ash shakes his head as I scroll through my phone, "I swear we can't ever leave anywhere without music playing."

Once picking a song and putting on my sunglasses, I smile at him, "That's just how I work and you know you love it."

Ash shakes his head with a grin on his face as I pull out and make our way to the beach.

I get out of the car walking towards the top of the hill and just stare in awe at the ocean. It's like heaven and it's so beautiful.

Ash pokes me in the shoulder, "Are you ready?"

Smiling and grabbing my backpack from him we head down to where the other are setting up. Summer see's me approaching and immediately comes to hug me, "Girl! I am so glad you could make it. We are going to have an amazing beach day."

Zach approaches with a Malachi on his shoulders in a cute bathing suit, "I think my son loves the beach almost as much as his mom does. However, he seems to be staring at all the women."

Summer smiles playing with Malachi, "That's because he takes after his daddy."

Ash laughs, "Well, the most beautiful woman on the beach is standing next to me. So, I don't need to look at anyone else."

Malachi claps and coos, Summer giggles, "I think he agrees with you."

Zach smiles, "I can take your backpack, Sage. That way I can help Ash set up and you and Summer can do your girl gossiping."

Trish comes up with a happy Olive on her hip, "Hey you better not be doing any gossiping without me."

I laugh and tickle Olive, "Don't worry we were going to wait for you Trish. Olive is so cute in her swimsuit and floaties."

Trish smiles, "Her daddy actually bought them for her. I think he actually did a good job this time."

Summer laughs and puts her arm around me, "I think it's time for a selfie at the beach!"

Once Ash gets our beach umbrella and stuff set up, I take off my cover up and take his hand, "Let's go get in the water!"

Ash rolls his eyes, "Okay my lady, we are going."

Ash walks with me and I giggle enjoying the sand between my toes. Walking into the water and I smile, pulling Ash farther out with me. I splash water at him and he goes under disappearing.

"Hey, that's not fair babe!"

A splash sounds behind me as familiar arms wrap around me, "You look beautiful out here. Almost like you belong."

I lean back against him as Summer and Zach approach us with Malachi in his floatie.

Zach laughs when Malachi splashes at Summer, "I think he says he wants to get wet babe."

Malachi giggles, "Mama."

Summer grins and splashes a bit of water at Malachi, then turning towards Zach splashing a big wave at him.

Ash and I burst out laughing as Zach wipes off his face, "Hey, that's not fair!"

Another splash goes over Zach as Tryston comes up next to us, "Yeah but I think your kid is enjoying it."

Trish giggles holding olive in her arms as Tryston pushes Nadia in a floatie, "Totally fair Zach."

Zach rolls his eyes, "It's not because I can't splash the pregnant lady, and you guys have kids and then of course I can splash my hot mama."

Summer blushes and rolls her eyes, "It's still fair."

We all laugh and enjoy our time together in the ocean. Summer makes sure to take plenty of pictures together of all of us.

As we dry off, I look and notice that there's a lemonade stand, "Hey babe, I think I am going to go to the restroom and then get some lemonade."

Ash looks at me from the blanket, "Okay, do you want me to come with you."

I smile, "No, I'm a big girl. I can do it."

Ash nods and smiles at me, "Well, I am probably going to use the restroom too. I love you, meet you back here in ten."

I nod and head towards the ladies room knowing that my life for the next nine months, will be peeing every other minute. I head towards the lemonade stand knowing the baby must be craving some because that's all I want right now.

Standing in line I look around the beach and notice that Dalton is sitting at a table further away with Lu. I really want to pet her but he doesn't even notice me so I don't say anything. Before I can even get to the front of the line, I need to go to the bathroom again.

I sigh and head back towards the restroom the other direction. Before I can even get there a hand is firmly place on the back of my arm and I can feel a gun pointed against my back. Unable to turn and look at who has me, a voice that's dark but familiar whispers in my ear, "If you even scream, I will shoot you. If you come with me, then there doesn't have to be any violence."

Being led to the parking lot, and I catch the look of my captor in a window. Devon, my first love, what is he doing here and why is he doing this. However, I can't risk my baby getting hurt so I cooperate. I can only hope that someone sees something or that there are video cameras.

Devon pushes me into the back of a truck and places a blind fold on me after handcuffing me, "If you don't resist you won't be harmed. Now stay quiet or else."

That's the last he speaks to me before pushing me down. Now, all I can hope is that this doesn't end the way it does in movies.