Chapter 1

"Harry?" Draco rushed up by the Gryffindor's side.

"What do you want Malfoy?"

"Could we talk for a moment? Alone?"

Harry was surprised, but agreed. The two walked over to the magic garden and sat by the lake.

"Well? What is it? I've got things to do you know, so make it quick please."

"Yeah, um. I wanted to ask you something very important."

"Well? I'm listening?"

"You see, I know I haven't made the greatest choices in my life before, and I know we haven't gotten along very well. But for the past three years, I have really noticed myself feeling somewhat attracted to you. I know it sounds stupid, as we are so different and it seems like a no chance, but I really like you. I just thought I'd let you know. I don't care whether you reject me or not, but please don't tell anyone about this."

Harry sat in shock, staring at the still water and the silver moonlight dancing over it's surface. He swallowed hard. He didn't know someone like Draco would be able to love him, or love at all really. But he really couldn't forgive him for everything he has done in the past, and he didn't even like him that way if any at all.

He nodded slowly and avoiding eye contact, stood up and slowly left without saying a word. Draco was heartbroken. If Harry did that, he rejected him. Definitely. There was no other explanation for his reaction.

Draco looked at the still water, twirling a small stone in his fingers. He felt tears dwell up in his eyes, making his vision go blurry. He hated Harry for rejecting him like that.

He felt tears stream down his cheeks as he recalled how Harry just got up and left, not saying him anything. Not goodnight, not sorry, not I like you too, nothing. The empty silence shattered his heart.

He hurled the stone into the still water with great force, shouting out a great amount of air, cracking the soft muttering around other students. The garden fell silent and all eyes were on him.

Draco turned around and eyed the crowd. "What are you lot staring at? Can't one suffer a heartbreak for once in his life?" He grumbled at the students, fiercely looking around for any speaker.

Others shook their heads in denial and went back to their chatting. Draco turned back to the water, and buried his face in his hands. He softly sobbed into his pale silky hands helplessly, tears rolling down his wrist and into his sleeve.

His sobs died away and were turning to soft hiccups when he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. He tried to stop the hiccups, as he turned around to have his silver-blue eyes face shiny emerald.

Harry gave him a sorry smile, and knelt down next to him. He didn't move the hand from his shoulder, and gently caressed Draco's cheek with his soft thumb. The silence stretched for a few minutes as Harry kept caressing his cheek and smiling at the blonde, calming him down.

As the hiccups faded away, Draco wiped his red eyes on his sleeve and turned away from Harry. He knew the boy saw his disappointment and he was embarrassed. Harry cleared his throat and looked for his words.

"Draco. I'm sorry, I just really don't think we could ever be together and live happily ever after at the same time. I just don't think that is possible."

" I know! You don't have to shove it in my face!" Draco shouted at him, turning his way. Harry could see the pain in his expression, as his eyes were full of hurt and rejection, his face stained in wet tracks of tears.

"Shh. Draco, please keep your voice down if you still want this to stay between the two of us." Harsh squeezed his shoulder reassuringly, shooting him a disapproving look, as all eyes were on them again.