= I =

jake stumbled into the kitchen, still half-asleep

jake stumbled into the kitchen, still half-asleep. sunoo was already there, humming to himself as he made coffee. niki and jungwon were seated at the couch, talking about something on jungwon's phone.

"morning, boo," sunoo greeted with a grin. "coffee?"

"yes, please," jake muttered, sinking into a chair.

jake joined niki and jungwon on the couch to see what they were up to. "whatchu guys doin?" he asked, trying to peek to jungwon's phone.

"oh it's the school website! we're seeing all the seniors profiles-" jungwon said, showing him his phone to jake.

jake took his phone and scrolled through the seniors, wow.. they were handsome, he thought.

he scrolled through some more but one person caught his eye the most, it was none other than park sunghoon. he was famous for his awards in ice skating competitions.

jake started to blush a bit, feeling his heart warm which jungwon and niki noticed and smirked.

"ooohh~ jakey has a crush~~" jungwon teased while grabbing his phone to see who jake was seeing.

"PARK SUNGHOON?!" jungwon shouted and then squeeled. jake was trying to defend himself by rejecting.

"N-NO I DONT-" jake really was a bad lier. "yeah, yeah whatever u sayy~" sunoo joined in, giving jake's coffee.

"a-anyways," jake said, sipping his coffee. "what's the plan for today?"

"we've got our first lecture in about an hour," niki said, looking at his schedule. "then some free time."

"maybe we can explore the campus more," jungwon suggested. "or check out the clubs."

"yeah, sounds good," jake agreed. "i'm curious about that dance club sunoo mentioned."

"of course you are," sunoo said with a grin. "anything to see sunghoon again, right?"

"shut up," jake said, blushing slightly. "it's not like that."

"right," jungwon said, rolling his eyes. "come on, let's get going."

they made their way to their first lecture, finding seats near the front. the room filled up quickly, and soon the professor started the class. jake tried to focus, but his mind kept wandering to sunghoon.

...

after the lecture, they decided to grab some lunch at the campus café. the place was packed, but they managed to find a table.

"so, what do you think of the classes so far?" sunoo asked, munching on a sandwich.

"not bad," jake said. "a bit overwhelming, but interesting."

"yeah, i just hope i can keep up," jungwon said, sighing.

"you'll be fine," niki said. "we'll all help each other out."

as they chatted, jake noticed sunghoon, heeseung, and jay entering the café. they took a seat at a table near the window, immediately drawing attention.

"there they are," sunoo said, nudging jake. "your crush."

"stop it," jake hissed, glancing over. "they'll hear you."

"relax, they don't even know we exist," jungwon said, laughing. "yet."

"maybe we should introduce ourselves," niki suggested, smirking.

"what? no way," jake said, shaking his head. "that's way too embarrassing."

"oh come on, it could be fun," sunoo said. "let's go say hi."

before jake could protest, sunoo stood up and walked over to the popular boys' table. with a sigh, jake followed, feeling his heart race.

"hey, sunghoon, right?" sunoo said, flashing a bright smile. "i'm sunoo, and these are my friends, jake, niki, and jungwon."

sunghoon looked up, his expression unreadable. "yeah, that's me. nice to meet you."

heeseung and jay glanced at each other, then back at the newcomers. "new students, huh?" heeseung said, raising an eyebrow.

"yep, just started yesterday," jungwon said, trying to sound casual.

"welcome to the madhouse," jay said with a grin. "hope you're ready for it."

"thanks," jake said, feeling a bit more at ease. "we're still figuring things out."

"if you need any tips, just ask," sunghoon said, his gaze lingering on jake for a moment. "we've been here a while."

"we'll keep that in mind," niki said, nodding. "thanks."

as they walked back to their table, jake felt a strange mix of relief and excitement. sunghoon had actually talked to him, and he hadn't embarrassed himself too much.

"see? that wasn't so bad," sunoo said, nudging jake. "you survived."

"barely," jake said, smiling. "but thanks."

"no problemo." sunoo said. "now let's finish lunch and figure out what to do next."

the rest of the day passed in a blur of classes and exploring the campus. by the time they returned to their dorm room, they were exhausted but excited about what lay ahead.

"today was good," jake said, flopping onto his bed.

"yeah, it was," jungwon agreed. "we're gonna be fine here."

"definitely," niki said. "just stick together and we'll be great."

"agreed," sunoo said. "and who knows? maybe we'll even become friends with the popular kids."

"maybe," jake said, thinking about sunghoon again. "anything's possible."

as they settled in for the night, jake couldn't help but feel hopeful about the future. this new chapter was just beginning, and he was ready for whatever came next.

• .🎯. •
FIRST CHAPTER!!! hope yall enjoyy!