I. Death in the afternoon

London, 12:00 AM

London's pubs are always full of people, especially late at night. I usually go drink at night but I don't know why, I think I have an addiction to alcohol.
So I found a pub full of young guys with mental problems and I decided to go in.
I sat down in front of the counter and the bartender asked me the usual question: "What would you like to drink?"

And I answered by saying: "Death in the afternoon"

"We don't have this cocktail".

"What cocktail?"

At that exact moment the boy sitting next to me said:

"Who did you kill, Dylan?"

"No one. Not yet, at least. This time I need you guys"

I started laughing, and not because it was funny. I felt like they were the right ones for the job i was going to do. They are always the right ones.

I noticed the tag above the chest of the bartender that said "Harry." Of course I had to as this idiot changes identity all the time. Weird enough, he didn't change his name this time.

I then asked him: "Can u give me a hand with someone, Harry?"

"Who are we gonna kill this time, Dylan?"

"Okay. Her name is Amanda Waller. She's married and has a kid. She lives in 10th Street London. She's a clerk and she was my father's first love. Reason why it's gonna be a hard kill. We need a great plan."

Then the guy sitting next to me said:

"I carry guns."

"If James brings the guns, I'll distract the husband so Dylan comes in, kills Amanda and takes the baby away."

"It will be quick and painless." I said.

We spent the night drinking, talking about the plans that was going to be reality in a few hours. It always ended like this when we had to kill someone.

3:00 PM

The afternoon had arrived and we were ready to kill one of the people who made my existence and my childhood so bad.
We were in front of Amanda and her husband's house, from the window, they looked like the happy family without a bad past, but every happy family has a bad past.
I know that because I was in a happy house too.
The first move was Harry's turn, he had to play as a pizza delivery man. He had to pretend to deliver the pizza to the wrong address, Amanda's house.
While Harry distracted the victims, James and I climbed through the window where we were watching the family from and started our part of the plan.
The plan was for me to take the baby and pass him to James who had to later lock him in a room.
Everything was going well, the only thing that needed to be done now was to kill the child's parents.
Harry had finished his Oscar performance, so James and I just had to slit their throats when they entered the hall. We were hidden behind walls where they could not see us.
The happy couple fell for it like a stone, so the rest of the scene can be imagined.
The knife slid across their throats like it was the softest thing I've ever seen. It was the quickest, cleanest kill I've done in a lot of years.
They didn't even have time to give the hero speech they always do in movies: Amanda's last word was
"Jimmy".
I already knew what the baby's name was even if it wasn't important for the plan, but hearing a son's name come out of his mother's blood-filled mouth should make you feel guilty.
But I don't feel anything. A lot of rookie killers kill and then regret it, but we don't. We don't feel anything negative at all.
The only emotion I can identify when I kill someone is happiness or even worse, satisfaction.
When you get to feel satisfied you are officially out of the catalog of "good people".

The victims' child now needs another family, that's what Harry takes care of, he knows every street and every person in this useless city. Which made it easy to find a foster home by saying that the child was brought there by the neighbors, and the London police didn't ask any questions. The police don't care if you're ten months old and your parents were killed by three madmen looking for revenge.
We are lucky in this because no one suspects us and no one cares.

8:00 AM

On the bar's tv they announced the death of two people. As I listened, I laughed, but this time it was really funny.
The customers didn't care that I was laughing. They didn't even look badly at me, they obviously think I'm one of the many drunk people with messed up brains at this bar.

1 week later

It was almost summer. Every summer us three returned to my homeland, Copenhagen. However, this time, we decided to leave early due to a complaint from James.

Our house in Denmark is the most horrible house you will ever see, but for us, it's luxury.
Here, we don't usually think about killing anyone. Instead, we just think of having a holiday without ruining anyone's life.
I missed this place, even though I hate it with all my heart since I grew up in this house in a horrible way. I saw things that a child shouldn't see.
In this house my mother died in front of mine and my sister's eyes by the hand of my father. I saw everything.