Chap-61 "A flashback of Past"

*jisoo fell asleep on tae's chest after being exhausted from crying, they both stood like that for an hour after Which she woke up*

Tae: how do you feel now?

Jisoo: a little better....thank you....

Tae: you don't have to thank me.

Jisoo: tae....im scared about mom, what will her reaction be after hearing the news? She may seem strong on the outside but I have seen her cry many times about dad's Well being.

Tae: we have to support her...I know she will be heart broken but you need to be strong to give her emotional support.

Jisoo: you know tae, why I left the university in london?

Tae: why?

Jisoo: backthen, when I was home for my summer vacation, my dad suddenly passed out one day and we rushed him to the hospital. There we found out that he had a paralysis stroke and the doctors told us that he won't be able to walk for his entire life.....

•••••••••••••••••Flashback••••••••••••••••

*7 years before*

Mom: what are you saying doctor??

Doctor: im sorry to say mrs.kim but the stroke was bad this time so he wont be able to walk forever. Also there is one more bad news.....

Mom: what is it??

Doctor: he wont be able to live more than 6 years.......

Mom: WHAT!!! NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!!

Sehun: control yourself mom.....

*he held her shoulders*

Mom: is there no cure for this doctor??

Doctor: Im sorry we tried many medicines and therapies but there is no cure for this....

Mom: what should we do now!

*she started crying*

Dad: why are you over reacting?? My legs dont work its not like Im dead.

Mom: why are saying like that!! How am I supposed to live without you??

Dad: Don't worry I have 6 years left, I will make sure to earn so much money that none of our children will ever face financial crisis.

Mom: its not about money its about you being with us.

Jisoo's pov: and he stood true to his words he has established an empire which is worth many billions now.

*that night at the house*

Jihyo: sehun oppa im scared how can we live without dad?

Sehun: dont worry....dad will be fine these doctors always say things are impossible, but we have seen many cases where people get well even having such diseases.

Jihyo: your right I will work hard and become a doctor to treat dad.

Tzuyu: yes not only you but everyone of us, we have to work hard and stand on our feet to support dad and financially assist him whenever needed.

Kai: Your right noona I will work hard too and become a lawyer.

Sehun: that the spirit my siblings! Im proud of you all.

*they all joined hands While jisoo stood in the corner watching them*

Tzuyu: yaa! Soyaa what are you doing there? Come join us!

Jisoo: ok...

*she Also joined them*

Everyone: WE WILL WORK HARD TO SUPPORT DAD!! YES!!!

Sehun: ok everyone go to sleep now.

*everyone went to their repective room and slept*

Jisoo's pov:

that night I was going down stairs to fetch some water as I was thirsty. When I saw that dad's study was open, I silently tip toed into the study room and hid behind a rack.

Dad: How will my children live without me? How will they manage the business, the finances, the struggles of life? They're so young and innocent. They don't deserve to face this cruel world alone. Wish I could stay by their side and assist them....

My heart ached as I listened to dad's concerns. I had never seen him so vulnerable, so scared before. I wanted to comfort him, to tell him that everything would be okay, but I couldn't. I stood frozen in the place, hidden behind the rack and unsure of what to do.

And I saw, dad crying for the first time not for himself but for his family.

I had never seen him cry before, and it broke my heart to see him like this. I felt a lump form in my throat and my eyes filling up with tears.

Suddenly, dad's phone rang, breaking the silence. He wiped his tears away, composing himself before answering the call. Taking this oppurtunity I quickly came out of the study.

That day I realised how dad felt and how lonely he was. Eventhough he seemed unbothered infront of us, deep down he was scared for our well being. He wanted to protect us.

And that day I decided one thing that dad not only needs financial support but also an emotional support, which I will give him by staying by his side. I will stay by him even It means to leave my studies and sacrifice my dreams.

And I did as I said, next week when I was supposed to go back to london I refused. As a result everyone scolded me and told me how I was a being spoiled brat even when dad's condition is serious.

My siblings made fun of me and my parents scolded me every day but eventually they stopped bothering me and got busy in their lives.

As for me,I was happy that I could stay by dad's side during the last years of his life. As I spent more time with him, I got to know him more than my siblings as they were busy getting successful.

Even though dad scolded me everytime, I know that deep down, he was happy that I was in the house. I asked him to teach me about business and he happily agreed. I was shocked on how good he was at it. He thought me about everything he knew and he was the best teacher.....

I also realised how mom and dad were alone in this big house as me and my siblings were busy with our studies and careers.

I am happy that I got to spend time with them and I never regretted my decision. I will preserve those memories with me forever.

*current time*

Tae's eyes filled with admiration and understanding as he listened to Jisoo's story. He could see the pain and vulnerability in her eyes, but also the strength and determination.

Tae: You're an amazing person, Jisoo, You sacrificed your own dreams to be with your dad, to support him and your family. That takes a lot of courage and love.

*Jisoo smiled weakly, her eyes still shining with tears*

Jisoo: I just wanted to be there for him, Tae. I knew he needed someone, even if he didn't say it.

Tae: You're an incredible daughter, Jisoo. And I know your dad is proud of you, wherever he is.

Jisoo's eyes welled up again, but this time, Tae was ready. He pulled her into a hug, holding her close as she cried. He stroked her hair and patted her back.

As they stood there, holding each other, Tae understood that Jisoo was a strong and independent person. She was a daughter, a sister, a friend, and a human being who had been through so much. And he was proud to be her rock, her confidant, and her friend.

Author: This chapter is a flashback that provides an insight into Jisoo's past. It may not be directly related to the current storyline, but it helps to understand Jisoo more.