Chapter 5: i'll always get the last word

Notes:
hellu mga ante kwoah again sharing my pinterest board and mikhaiah edit 4 the girls and for max visualization para dama niyo rin. ayaw niyo di wag na
also added a few photo links sa previous chapters to show lang what i think a character is wearing or what they look like in a certain scene pag feel ko so pag may underline yung word feel free to check it out. or not u can leave it to ur imagination rin.
i apologize in advance for any typos nakatulog ang bff kong nagpproofread sakin for free. also new character unlocked eyyy yun lang dami kong dada magbasa na lang kayo.

Mikha

"Tres isa."

I was counting the coins to give to the assistant librarian as I the printer's quiet hum filled the library. Finally, tapos na namin ang paper naming isang linggo nang ginagawa. I thought it would never end, but a part of me felt relieved that this was the most distressing thing that had happened recently, compared sa mga nangyari weeks ago. I would much rather prefer academic stress over hospitals and near-death experiences.

"Thank you po." I said as she handed over our newly printed paper and I gave her the coins in return.

Agad naman akong bumalik sa table kung nasan nakaupo ang partner ko.

"3 pesos each. For short coupon na di colored? Nagprint na lang talaga sana ako sa bahay." reklamo ko.

"That's okay na, para mapass na rin natin agad this afternoon, and macheck agad ng prof if may mali." sagot naman ng partner ko, si Jhoanna.

"True rin." I said as I sat down in front of her and gave her the papers.

"Thank God tapos na." she said as she flipped through the pages. "Not sure what time madidismiss si ma'am sa isang class niya, though. Baka later pa."

"Oof. I have cheer practice maya maya. Baka di na kita masamahan kay ma'am, ha."

"Sure, no problem. Update na lang kita mamaya."

As Jhoanna and I started to gather our things to leave, I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi, lover." she then kissed me on the cheek. Nagulat ako, kasi I thought she had gone home. I felt a sprang of awkwardness as soon as I heard it. I tried brushing it off because she was my girlfriend now, and there was no reason para di niya magamit kung ano mang call sign ang gusto niya. She had rights to it. I had given it to her when I made my choice a couple weeks ago, when we officially sealed the deal.

It was spontaneous. Aiah had no serious physical injuries after her incident but it was still a traumatic event that she was advised to stay home for a week for. In that week, I had grown closer to Colet. And by the end of it, she had finally popped the question at a random KFC parking lot date. I couldn't get rid of the feeling that this was how typical relationships went. It all seemed so easy and simple, and it made me feel something I had only ever imagined until that very moment. Posible pala to, pwede pala to mangyari sakin. It may have been too fast, but with the overwhelming rush of emotions I had, I only thought of what felt right, and not what may be conventional through another person's eyes.

"Hey, sabi mo umuwi ka na."

"Sabi ko pauwi. Hatid muna kita sa gym for your practice?"

"Okay, baby." I smiled. It was simple but very meaningful, the little things she does for me as my girlfriend. My girlfriend. This was the first time I felt the word true to its essence.

"Jhoanna, this is Colet pala. Colet, si Jho, yung kinekwento ko sayong partner ko sa paper. Grabe Jho, you don't know how much I bring you up in conversations talaga, you can ask Colet. Super thankful kasi ako na di pabigat yung nakapartner sakin." I said, trying to initiate a conversation between the three of us, para mainclude si Jho. But both of them seemed to be uninterested. It seemed like they refused to look at each other kahit na pinapakilala ko sila sa isa't isa. I guess may mga mahiyain talaga when meeting new people.