0. THE MELODIES OF THE MORNING🎼

"Every morning, the piano notes dance in the air like whispers of hope, welcoming the new day with harmonies that awaken the soul."

(Lyra Stone)

I woke up with a gasp, my heart still trapped in the memories and agitated dreams of the past night. The delicate morning light seeped through the half-closed curtains, dyeing the walls of my room in golden shades and stroking the cold floor under my bare feet. I felt tired, as if the weight of my worries made every movement heavy, when you're in your bed and you get hit by a huge wave of loneliness or heavy memories, all you can do is simply drown in your thoughts... but I knew I had to get up and face the new day.

It was my fifth year of high school, a new beginning after years of torment and bullying that had marked my childhood and adolescence. From elementary school until a few months ago, I had to fight against the abuse of my classmates and professors, desperately trying to find the courage to go ahead despite the pain and loneliness and especially the guilt.

I approached the window, slightly pulling the curtains to observe the familiar panorama that lay out in front of me. The houses lined up along the street, the manicured gardens and the neighbors starting to leave their homes to face the day. It was a quiet, ordinary scene, yet for me it represented a family refuge in a world of uncertainty.

The rising sun colored the sky with shades of pink and gold, while the fresh morning air brought with it the scent of spring and the atmosphere full of promises of a new beginning. I close my eyes for a moment, absorbing the tranquility of the moment and trying to find the strength to face the new day.

School, lessons, interactions with classmates. Every day was a new challenge to face, another battle to fight. Yet, despite everything, there was a flame of hope burning within me, fueled by the knowledge that every day brought with it the possibility of a new beginning.

I prepared slowly, trying to put aside the tumultuous thoughts that assailed me. My mind was a whirlwind of mixed emotions, but I knew I had to find the strength to face the day ahead.

Walking down the stairs to the kitchen, I was greeted by the scent of freshly brewed coffee and the homely warmth of my home.
"Mother, what a delicious smell!" I exclaimed, smiling as I approached the table.
Elena, my mother, was a woman of medium stature, with short black hair with dark eyes that reflect wisdom and kindness because she is a strong woman, born large family. Growing up in a challenging environment, he learned the importance of duty and dedication. Despite the difficulties, he has always demonstrated a great ability to face challenges with courage and determination. Her smile was radiant, illuminating the face marked by time with an aura of calm and motherly love
.
"Good morning, darling," she said, handing me a steaming cup of coffee.
"Did you sleep well?"

I nodded my head, tastefully sipping hot coffee. "Yes, thank you. It's a beautiful day today, isn't it?"

"Of course," my mother replied, serving herself a cup of coffee.

"I hope you have a good first day of school. Are you ready for the new year?"

"I hope so," I answered, feeling a mixture of emotions shaking my stomach.

"But I know I can always count on you and Dad to help me out."

Max, my father, was a man of medium height and power, deep eyes with eyeglasses reflecting his wisdom and inner strength. Although time had left its mark on her face, there was still an intensity in her gaze that conveyed an iron determination and a deep love for her family. I think this because my father was born into a fairly large family where he lost contact with his brother because of family quarrels, my mother told me, He had told me about the hardships he had faced, of the fact that after starting his medical studies and spending a year in this faculty, he had to interrupt the path because of the sudden death of his father. This event forced him to find work to support the family, and so he began to work as a civil servant.Although the challenges had deeply marked my father's life, there was still a resilience in him that inspires me every day. He was a man of few words, but his actions speak louder than any speech. He was a pillar of strength for our family, ready to sacrifice everything for the sake of his loved ones.