39. 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠 𝙨𝙡𝙪𝙩𝙨

39. two drunk sluts

season 2, episode 3: the drunk slut

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Nessa walked through the halls, anxious to find Jessica and Alex at their usual table before class. She knew that Jessica was going on the stand today, and that she was worried sick. Nessa really wanted to go, but because she was on the witness list, she wouldn't.

Luckily, about a year or so ago, her and Justin had both ordered fake IDs so they could go on beer and liquor runs for the rest of the friend group. They weren't that great, but they didn't have their real names on them, and they did the job in a pinch. At least they scanned.

A few paces away, Nessa saw Courtney Crimsen standing in the middle of the hallway, a blank stare on her face as she stood planted in one spot. No doubt, she was nervous to come back to school after telling her truth on the stand. Nessa walked over to her, tapping her on the shoulder when Courtney snapped around, her face softening once she saw who it was.

"Hey, Court!" Nessa said in a cheerful voice.

"Hey, Nessa." Courtney replied, walking over to her locker. Nessa followed her.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm proud of you, and I admire you." Nessa told her. "What you did takes courage, and you helped Hannah."

The end of Courtney's mouth upturned into a cautious smile as they reached her locker. "Thank you, Nessa."

"Of course." she said, giving her a quick hug. Ryan Shaver was waiting at Courtney's locker, most likely to offer his support as well.

"Welcome to the team." he said in a cheery voice, and Courtney tried to hold back her smile.

"Don't start with me, Ryan." Courtney said, keeping her eyes on her locker.

"Hey, it happens when you're ready." he encouraged her. "I mean, I came out when I was five, I didn't really have a choice. Guess I was just born fabulous."

Nessa chuckled, and Ryan did too. "I'm just glad you made it out."

"Yeah, me too." Courtney agreed.

"We're very proud." Nessa reminded her again, gesturing at both her and Ryan. Courtney went to close her locker, but Ryan stopped it with his hand.

"If you start driving a Subaru and wearing a flannel, Nessa and I will hold an intervention." the boy told her. "Be warned," he whispered as he pressed his lips to her cheek, skipping down the hallway.

"I gotta go, but if you ever need anything, text me!" Nessa told Courtney, who nodded and smiled again. Nessa walked off to the cafeteria, spotting Jessica and Alex almost instantly. Both of them were looking down at something on the table, nervous looks on their faces. Nessa sped up her pace and got to the table.

Her eyes fixated on it immediately. A shooting target with the words "BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME" written on it, in the same handwriting as her and Jessica's notes yesterday.

"What the fuck?" Nessa said as she stared at the piece of paper, still standing. Her legs were locked, they couldn't bend even if she wanted them to. Jessica and Alex both looked up at her, the latter grabbing her hand to pull her down into the chair next to him.

"Holy shit, Alex." Jessica said through a soft breath as Nessa's legs finally allowed her to sit down next to Alex.

"Yeah." Alex muttered.