8 - Library

AYA'S POV

Umaga na and I stretched up. Glad na wala kaming pasok ngayon kaya di ko kailangang magmadali sa paglilinis.

Wait maglilinis din pala ako sa library niya ngayon.

Nagbihis na ako at agad sinimulang maglinis sa taas hanggang sala. Didn't spot Kai here sa sala, baka pumasok na siya. I cleaned every corner thoroughly. Tanghali na at ang library na lang ang di ko pa nalilinis. I opened it and still in awe kahit ilang beses ko na to nakita.

"Stop drooling at maglinis ka na."

I bolted and saw her sa isang shelve picking some books.

Aya: Wala ka bang pasok today?

Kai: I'm on a day off

She's still scanning the shelves and finally found what she's looking for.

Aya: Sana all may day off

I muttered and looks like she didn't hear it. I took the feather duster and start cleaning habang siya ay nakaupo na sa isang table reading again.

Mag-iisang oras na akong naglilinis pero di pa din ako tapos. Kung tinutulungan lang ako ng isa jan edi sana tapos na ako.

Kai: One thing i hate is mga mabagal kumilos. If you want me to fall in love with you, then start cleaning way faster.

I clenched my jaw and faced her.

Aya: You know mabagal man akong maglinis pero mabilis naman ako sa ibang bagay.

Suddenly I remembered my wet dream and how close she is to saying she loves me. I wanted that to not be just a dream, I want her to go crazy over me that's why I'm strutting towards her dropping the feather duster.

Kai: Oo ang painitan ang ulo ko.

I was to approached her pero tumayo siya, she put back the book she's reading and went to get some dusters.

I am so confused cause this is the first time na nakita ko siyang naglilinis.

Aya: Are you? really cleaning???

Kai: You have eyes right? Di ka naman bulag.

Aya: Hindi may gusto lang bulagin. At sakalin.

Kai: This is my favorite place of all. My dad built this for my mom and mom filled this with books she love. The warmth of this place hits different, I feel like they're here and guiding me what book should I read next. Feels like we're reading together like when I was just a kid.

Her voice feels so melancholic, I was paying attention to every words and actions she's doing. Ibang iba ang aura niya ngayon. She's so calm yet her voice is laced with longingness.

Kai: If you're tired and irritated then just get out. I don't want you ruining the vibe here.

I helped her clean and we're facing this huge shelves field with different YA fiction books.

Aya: I never saw your parents. If you don't mind me asking, uhmm san ba sila?

Kai: They died in a car accident a year ago but I know it's stage.