Shooting Star

Rin looked at herself in her new clothes in front of the mirror for one last time, then grabbed the old suitcase that had accompanied her on many journeys. She got to the train station and hopped on the express train just in time.

Now she can finally relax a little before arriving to the destination, Rin sighed softly and got out her phone. It appears that none of the messages she had sent to Len had been read.

Since Rin and Len are currently in a long-distance relationship, so they could only find time to meet on important holidays throughout the year. Last time, it was Len who had travel to see her, and this time, it is her turn to go to him.

Today is Tanabata, which they had agreed to meet and had been arranging the date about a month ago. However, Rin has lost contact with Len since this morning.

It had been a while since Rin had seen him, and her longing for him that had accumulated into a small mountain in the back of her head, now has erupted as she go on the train to see him.

Before they switched to long distance, she has known a saying goes, "Time nurtures the love for one another," but Rin never truly understood it.

Whenever she felt lonely, her first thought was always about Len.

At first, it was indeed very lonely after separating from Len, but over time, she had grown accustomed to this feeling. Not mentioning they had been for many years since they were in still in school.

Now after boarding the train, she was already starting to think about when they are going to meet next time, even though she hadn't seen Len yet.

She doesn't care about how much time is needed for their love to grow, since Len is always in her heart.

The scenery outside the window blurred into a streak because of the speed, and after an hour of nearly identical views, Rin was starting to feel a bit bored. She wondered how far she still was from Len.

As boredom takes over her, mainly because Len usually would call or text with her while traveling, the television program on Tanabata she watched yesterday came up in her mind.

It talked about the two stars Altair and Vega, representing Hikoboshi and Orihime, are sixteen light years away from each other as they are separated by the Milky Way. According to the legend, the couple are only allowed to meet each other once a year at the night of Tanabata.

As Rin is on a train to meet Len, just to make the process more romantic, she imagines herself hopping on a shooting star to see her Hikoboshi. Even sixteen light years will passed away in a blink of an eye if she tries really hard.

More minutes passed, thoughts of things she wanted to share with Len now had taken over her mind. There are plenty of songs she just had to listen with him in person, maybe while sharing some nostalgic memories that came to her recently.

Then she suddenly locked eyes with her reflection in the window. She is dressed up for the date since he will be picking her up in the train station.

Forget about sharing music or memories, more than anything else, she thought it might be better to just kiss him. However, she wondered if just that would be enough to convey how much she missed him.

Rin the noticed the sky is slowly covered by dark clouds. Len did mentioned about hoping not to rain on Tanabata, which will halt their plan of star gazing. She remembers how that made her paranoid and followed the weather forecast.

Although rainy day dates had their own romantic charm, this date had been arranged by Len, so she hoped for clear skies in order for them to wander around.