28, chipotle

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: CHIPOTLE

     WHEN ANTHONY GOT out of the shower, there was one thing on his mind (besides everything Val had just done to him) and that one thing was the Chipotle he'd ordered for delivery. Val was still in bed, and judging by the way she was curled into herself, she was sleeping.

He wanted to wake her up to talk, to ask her what the fuck this meant, but the idea of talking about feelings scared the living hell out of him and he was also pretty sure she'd scream at him if he woke her up. So instead of doing what he knew he should have, he let her sleep.

After his shower, he was about to put some clothes on when the doorbell rang. He thought about changing, but the delivery guys always just left the bag in front of the door, so the towel he had wrapped around her waist would do just fine.

When he got to the door, he unlocked it and pulled it open, ready to grab the bag of food but instead of the brown paper bag he'd been expecting, a tall, brunette man was standing there.

Shit.

"Uh, hi," Dean said, looking at Anthony confused. His eyes dropped to the towel, and his brows furrowed.

"Hi," Anthony replied, trying to sound nonchalant. "You're Dean, right?"

Dean nodded, still looking confused. He glanced behind Anthony, trying to look into the apartment.

"Is Val here?" he asked, looking at the towel again.

Anthony could see the gears turning in his head, and he knew he needed an excuse and fast.

"Oh, she didn't tell you?" he asked, pretending to be surprised. Dean shook his head, his eyebrow raised. "She got pretty sick a little while ago, she's sleeping now."

Dean looked surprised, but nodded. "That's weird, she seemed fine when I talked to her earlier."

Anthony nodded. "Yeah, I know. It happened all of a sudden."

"Oh, well, do you think I could check on her real quick?" Dean asked, glancing behind Anthony again.

"I'm sorry, no," Anthony answered, shaking his head. "She said she wanted to be alone."

Dean looked annoyed. "But you can see her."

Anthony, who was also getting annoyed, just smiled as best he could. "I just helped her after she threw up and then she kicked me out."

Dean stared at him, his brow furrowed, and Anthony could see the anger in his eyes.

"Well," Dean said, forcing a smile. "If you could let her know I stopped by, I'd really appreciate it."