63. 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜

XX. spring fling

season 2, episode 13: bye

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

"Jess, does this dress make me look fat?" Nessa yelled through her hallway as she stepped out of her room. Jessica peeked her head out of the guest bathroom doorway, taking a look.

"Are you insane?" Jessica laughed. "You look so fucking good."

"So do you." Nessa said, going up to meet her in the bathroom. "I'm proud of us."

"Me too." Jessica said, pressing her lips together to transfer the gloss onto her top lip. They both looked in the mirror, taking in their appearances before looking at the time on Nessa's phone.

"Shit." Nessa muttered, running back into her room to grab three very important things – her shoes, her purse, and her full flask.

"Nessa! Jess!" Zach yelled up the stairs. "Let's go, we're late!"

"Coming, dipshit!" Nessa yelled back, and Jessica giggled as she grabbed her things as well and the two girls ran down the stairs, meeting Alex and Zach. Alex noticed Nessa first, obviously, his eyes glittering as he took in her appearance.

The way her dress hugged her curves, the way her hair fell perfectly in front of her face, and the glow that was escaping her skin as she smiled. Alex's mouth dropped open slightly.

"I'm so lucky." he said as he planted the words on her lips with a soft kiss, his lips tainted with her soft pink lipstick.

"I would be the lucky one." Nessa said as she studied Alex in his black suit, and his gelled up hair that fell perfectly. She realized that she fell more in love with him everyday, even though things were far from perfect.

"Okay, get a room." Zach said, a look of disgust on his face as he pointed to the door. "Let's go."

Nessa and Alex giggled as she grabbed his good hand and led him out into Zach's car, Jessica taking the passenger seat to give the couple the back seat. Nessa rested her legs on Alex's, unscrewing her flask and taking a sip before handing it to Jessica, who also took one. Music played throughout the car, and all of the teenagers took turns screaming and singing the songs as Zach drove to the school.

Zach parked his car and opened the door for Nessa, who helped Alex out and interlocked her arms with his and Jessica's and they entered the dance. Justin and Clay were standing at the entrance waiting for them, and Justin's gaze stopped at once when he saw Jessica standing in front of him.

"Hey." Alex said, giving him a smile.

"Hey, Justin." Nessa said, checking to see if Jessica was okay after seeing him.

"Hey." he said softly. Jessica and him shared a look, both of their faces softening quickly.

"You guys look good!" Justin said, and Nessa knew he was faking the enthusiasm. The group thanked him, and they stood in front of each other, all glancing around.

"Well, if we have to do this, let's do it." Clay declared.

Justin nodded. "Okay."

"Alright." Jessica said, nodding her head to Alex and Nessa.

"You ready?" Nessa asked Alex, smiling up at him.

"Yep." he said, beginning the walk by positioning his cane in front of him.