55. 𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙞𝙙 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙨

55. polaroid girls

season 2, episode 11: bryce and chloe

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Jessica and Nessa stood in the girls locker room, waiting for Nina to meet them. Anxious energy was in the air as they waited to blow her life up.

"Thank you for coming, I couldn't tell her by myself." Jessica said to Nessa as they both paced back and forth.

"Of course, she needs us." Nessa said. The door opened, and Nina walked in, smiling and hugging both girls to greet them. They all sat down on the bench in front of them, and Jessica handed her the picture from the Clubhouse. Nina's eyes fixated on it and her face grew hot.

"Clay Jensen has the rest." Jessica told her, trying to bring comfort to her. "They're safe."

"I know how much you talk about your story being yours, so I thought you should get to decide what to do with this." Jessica told her, and Nina's shoulders moved up and down slowly as she took a slow and deep breath, in and out.

"Yeah, but the thing is." Nina said, flailing the picture around. "This isn't my story."

"This is the lie." Nina said as her voice broke. "That I was into it and having fun, you know? And I guess I was, you know, until..."

"You weren't." Nessa finished for her, knowing the feeling all too well. "I get it, Nina."

Nina nodded, looking down at the picture in front of her. "But there's no picture of that, no proof."

"Maybe if there was, I'd be dealing with my shit a little better, right?" she snapped, more in Jessica's direction than Nessa's.

"Nina, I am so sorry that I said that stuff to you yesterday, honestly." Jessica apologized. Nessa looked up at both girls, confused, but not enough to ask why. This was between them.

"You were right, though." Nina said tearfully. "I cheated on Garrett with Michael, and when you called me out-"

"I didn't mean to call you out." Jessica told her apologetically.

"No, but you should have." Nina told her, her breaths shaky. "I wanted to be strong for you, to be what you needed, but I'm not. You have what you need right next to you."

Nina pointed to Nessa, who was chewing on her nails awkwardly in the middle of their conversation. She looked up, meeting Nina's solemn eyes.

"Nessa is stronger than me, and she's just as strong as you. You both need each other."

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Jessica and Nessa walked through the library, standing a few paces away as they both watched Chloe Rice sitting on a couch, scribbling some notes into a spiral that was resting on her leg. Clay and Alex had called both girls after they left court today, revealing the lies that Bryce had told on the stand.

His twisted version of events was that he and Hannah had a secret relationship, and when he had "let her down easy", she made up the version of events that was Nessa's tape. Although the tapes were edited to ensure that her name wasn't revealed, Bryce insinuated that she was the victim of the made up story, and that Hannah used her because she was a close friend of Bryce's.