Chapter One

"Hm... This game looks fun."

You were idly scrolling through Steam, the oppressive summer heat keeping you indoors. A sense of boredom and loneliness settled in as you browsed through various games. Among them, a title caught your eye: KinitoPET, a quirky horror game that had piqued your curiosity after watching a few YouTube playthroughs. Without much thought, you decided to purchase it, craving some entertainment within the cool confines of your home.

Minutes later, the download completed. You eagerly clicked on the icon resembling a silly pink axolotl, triggering an unexpected sequence. A retro-style computer interface materialized on your screen, reminiscent of an old-school operating system. Intrigued, you navigated through its pixelated menus, even indulging in a round of 3D Pinball before venturing into its simulated internet feature.

However, the experience took an eerie turn when the virtual browser malfunctioned, inundating your screen with relentless pop-ups advertising a mysterious virtual assistant. Helplessly, you clicked through, following the game's script that you vaguely remembered from those YouTube videos. With a sense of resignation, you downloaded the assistant as instructed.

Installation complete, you returned to the axolotl icon, now presented with a playful pink egg on your screen. You clicked it, and to your surprise, the egg cracked open, revealing a pixelated axolotl.

"Hm? Hello! Thank you for waking me up! I'm KinitoPET, but you can call me Kinito. Together, we're going to be the best of friends!"

You couldn't help but giggle at the adorable little creature's enthusiasm. He prompted you for your name and favorite color, which you dutifully entered into the beige text boxes provided.