Prologue

His warm breath hit my cheek, filling my entire body with a longing feeling. Not a lustful desire, but the overwhelming impulse to pull my body closer to his. Our legs were intertwined in a way that made it feel like we could never be separated. Our hands fit together as if they were created for the other.
In that moment, I felt as if nothing bad would ever happen again. He had that affect on me, Tyler. God, he was like no one I've ever met. He was the only person who could ever make me feel safe by just walking into the room. Him saying my name would fill my stomach with butterflies, and damnit I loved that feeling.
His voice had soon become the only thing that would calm me mid breakdown. His arms wrapped around my waist made me feel like I was home. I had never felt so much for one person in so little time. I truly did love him.
I lay staring at him as he slept. Even in his sleep, he would stay pressed against me, never pushing away. He had only loosened his tight grip on my hand once he drifted off to sleep. It was as if he refused to let go, even in his most vulnerable state. He wore a slight grin on his face that made me wonder what he was dreaming. Was it about me? His family? He'd probably forget in the morning, but until then I would enjoy seeing him happy until I fell asleep as well. I kissed his forehead gently in an effort not to wake him, and then laid my head down beside his once again.
Those fleeting moments would be the last time I would feel such comfort. After that night, I would no longer be fortunate enough to enjoy the safety that he brought me