36. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒖𝒚 𝑰𝒏 𝑹𝒐𝒐𝒎

Y/n's Perspective —

Lying on the bed on the side of my stomach while scrolling through my phone, a message popped up on my screen. It's almost been a year and a half since I married Jungkook, and we are both living happily together.

I hope our love continues to flourish for eternity. Did you know that I will be graduating next week from my M.Tech course? I have already received offers from several renowned companies across Asia and Europe.

As I realize it's time to freshen up, I gracefully get off the bed and reach for my towel and bathrobe before making my way to the bathroom. I step into the warm water of the bathtub, feeling it gently soothe my skin, providing a sense of relaxation and easing any thoughts occupying my mind.

I am content with how smoothly everything is going in my life. I look forward to starting a family, traveling, and spending my days with my loving husband. With a light chuckle, I rise from the tub and make my way to the shower. After cleansing and exfoliating my body, I slip into my luxurious white silk bathrobe.

I walk towards the window, my eyes fixed on the beautiful view of his garden. It's adorned with all those flowers which I planted with him in his nursery, those roses and white lilies blooming splendidly.

In no time, I feel a strong pair of muscular arms around my waist from the back, a hot breath caressing my neck and wet hairs. I'm still in the washroom, looking out from the window.

A smile appears on my face, knowing who it is. I take a deep sigh and ask, "Being so romantic, Mr. Jeon?"

I receive no reply; instead, the hold on my waist tightens. I look down at the arms. They do not bear the tattoo that my Jungkook has. My heart starts to race as I'm about to look back at the man, but he places his palm on my mouth, suppressing every word and sound from my vocal cords.

I continue to struggle to free myself from this person, my fragile fists and palms trying to break free from his tight grip on my face and body.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, leaving a trail of sadness in their wake. Questions swirled in my mind, wondering what fate had in store for me. Why was all of this happening to me, robbing me of the happiness I once knew?

Amidst my soft sobs, a deep, husky voice interrupted my turmoil, asking, "Jagi, are you ready to come with me?" I was presented with a syringe filled with an unknown substance, its purpose shrouded in mystery. As the syringe drew closer, poised to pierce my skin, resistance stirred within me.

No, I refused to be a victim of this fate. Determination fueled my actions as I sought to break free from his hold. In a split second decision, I struck his ribs with my elbow, causing him to let out a pained groan and loosen his grip on me. Seizing the opportunity, I sank my teeth into his palm, drawing blood in my defiance.

He groaned and frustration washed over him, causing him to grab my hair in desperation, spinning my face towards his own. Adorned in a black mask veiling half his visage, he forcefully injected the syringe into my neck, eliciting cries of agony and fear.

Summoning my strength, I pushed him away once more, this time with greater intensity, and made a beeline for the nearest exit, my tears flowing incessantly with soft sobs accompanying them. Footsteps echoed behind me, voices resonating, sending tremors through my body.

A frantic journey through the corridor led me downstairs with the urgent need to seek help from the guards. In a quivering voice, I called out, "Jungkook, where are you?" barely louder than a whisper.

Eyes blurred and senses clouded, I caught sight of him ascending the stairs towards me. Struggling to move forward, my body felt drained and weak, my legs buckling beneath me.

Embracing him tightly, unwilling to let go, he let out a gentle chuckle and in his melodious tone questioned, "Missed me that much?"

Jungkook's Perspective —

"Missed me this much?" I jovially inquired, observing my secretary with her eyes wide open.

I gestured for her to depart, and she casually bowed before exiting the premises. Turning my gaze towards my beloved, she embraced me tightly, her head nestled against my chest.

Gently, I stroked her back, only to hear a faint sob escape her. Was she in tears? I pondered, questioning if I had erred in some way.

Pulling back from the embrace, I peered into her tear-streaked face, her eyes downcast and shimmering with emotions. Cupping her face in my hands, I guided her to look at me, asking softly, "What's wrong?"

Tears continued to stream down her cheeks, and she simply gestured towards the room, overcome with emotion. With a sympathetic sigh, I drew her closer, enveloping her in a tight embrace as I sought to console her. Witnessing my dear one in distress was something I couldn't bear.

In a moment of distress, she cried out softly, her sobs piercing the silence of the room. As I blinked rapidly, trying to grasp the situation, I instinctively embraced her, providing a sense of comfort and security.

"There is a man in my room," she managed to utter between breaths, "and he has an injection."

In that tense moment, I offered words of reassurance, "Stay calm for now." With my chin resting on her head, I promised to handle the situation, urging her not to cry.

Unexpectedly, she fell silent, her grip on me loosening, leaving me with a sense of unease. I peered down at her peaceful face, only to find her eyes shut.

"Y/n, are you alright?" I called out, seeking a response, but she remained unresponsive. Concerned, I gently lifted her in a bridal style and carried her to my room, laying her on the bed.

Repeatedly calling her name, I tried to rouse her from her slumber, yet her eyes remained shut. Anxiety creeping in, I reached out to my doctor, urgently requesting his presence while sitting by her side, holding her hand in an attempt to revive her.

"Wake up, jagi," I called out again, but received no response. Could she be playing around? No, that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps that guy did something; I should review the CCTV footage from my house.

Author's Perspective —

Hello, everyone! I must apologize for my recent inactivity. Unfortunately, I haven't been performing well in my studies during term 1 and my exams. As a result, I decided to take a hiatus. However, I am now back and will make an effort to share the story with you all as soon as possible.

I kindly ask for your support during this challenging time. I've been feeling quite demotivated. Please consider following me on Instagram @gukpinkles and checking out my other stories. If you enjoyed this one, I'm confident you'll appreciate the others as well.

Take care, and always remember how much I cherish you all. Thank you.