She needed us more

3/9/24-7/10/24

Sonia and Manic were with Oracle watching what Sonic had just done and were worried about what was next.

They still hadn't found Aleena and now wished they stayed with Sonic for a while longer.

"She will be through much more and the next one is soon." Oracle said.

"What the hell is Robuttnik doing this time?!" Manic asked.

"Creating something that will not be easy and Sonic will be risking her life again." Oracle said and showed them what Sonic was up to right now.

Meanwhile Sonic was with a Fliky.

"Hey there. Taking a rest? Pretty much what I'm doing, too." Sonic said. "It's been wild these past few days. As much as I like adventure, I like kicking back afterwards, too. Everyone else? Not so much..." she said. "Amy's gone right back to helping others. She's part of something they're calling the Restoration. Knuckles is back on Angel Island, Guarding the Master Emerald. Silver is out searching for some looming doom threatening the future. And Tails is keeping busy with one of his bajillion projects." she said. "I told them they could relax. Eggman has "retired", Metal Sonic is de-weaponized, and everything is cool. When I'm telling people to slow down, you know something is wrong— Haha!" she said and Tails flew in panicking.

"Sonic! I think something's wrong!" Tails said.

"Jinxed it." she muttered as the Fliky flew away.

"Take a look at this!" he said and handed her a letter.

""You're to a welcome back party in Windmill Village to celebrate the return of the world's most brilliant Doctor."" she read. "Where did this come from?"

"It just appeared in my Workshop. It's pretty spooky, honestly."

"The wording doesn't sit well with me, either. This sounds really like Eggman..."

"But he's gone, sort of- right? You and The Chaotix confirmed he'd lost his memory and became a kind mechanic."

"Yup. "Mr Tinker."" she said and thought. "So did he recover? Or did he manage to fool all of us?" she asked. "Maybe there's another angle." she said. "And worst of all, will Shadow get to say, "I told you so?""

"This could be serious! Let's look Into it right away! You left Doctor- I mean, Mr. Tinker in Windmill Village, right?"

"Right." she said. "C'mon, buddy. Race ya there!" she said and ran while he flew.

Meanwhile, in a secret Laboratory...

"Doo-doo-doo!" Eggman sang. "Getting fresh data sets! Dee-Dee-Dee! Going to conquer the world!" he sang. "Da-Da-Da!"

"Sonic has been baited, as per your instructions, Doctor." Starline said.

"Ha! Excellent!"

"Did we Have to be so... overt? An ambush alone would've been sufficient."

"You said we should mess with her head. Knowing I'm back and up to something will do just that." Eggman said and put his hand around Starline. "I wanted a global proclamation. This is subtle." he said. "For me."

"Of course, sir. I don't mean to second-guess you. Is that...?"

"Yes! Test one!" Eggman said, put something on a flower and it turned and the silver went down.

"Marvelous! Total and instantaneous transmutation!"

"Hmm... of the active plant tissue, yes, but not the processed wood..." Eggman said. "I need more Data." he said. "Bring me the animals."