Echoes of Sorrow

Emily:
Age: 14
Pronouns: She/her/they
Grade: 7th grade
Personality: Emily is a resilient and empathetic teenager who faces challenges with courage. Despite difficult circumstances, she maintains a kind heart and a strong desire for a better life. Emily cherishes her friendships and finds comfort in her dreams of a brighter future.

(Emily when she was 7 POV)
"EMILY JOHNSON GET DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW!?" My daddy was drunk I already knew it I knew he was gonna hit me or yell at me and send to bed. I didn't understand why he been like this I mean I guess I do understand mommy just died a few weeks ago and now daddy being mean. "EMILY JOHNSON!" I walked down the stairs with sacredness in my eyes and with sorrow.

"Y-Yes daddy?" I say as I step forward to him. "Is something wrong?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"YES! Something is wrong! You broke the vase! The vase that I brought with my own money!?" He yelled. I didn't break it. It was actually him he did it himself and now I was being blame because he wants to blame it on someone.

"I didn't break it?! I promise! I would have never done that! Emily not lieing!" I try to make him believe me and let me off maybe with a warning? But I was so wrong...

"DO YOU THINK AM STUPID?!" He yelled. "DO YOU THINK I WILL BELIEVE YOUR DUMB ACT?!" He continue to yelled. As he tells he throws a beer bottle at my eyes. I start sob from the pain blood came out. "EMILY WHAT THE FUCK!" He grabs me by the shoulder and pushes me away. "Clean this mess and this blood up!" He yells. I got up with my hand on my eye and went to the kitchen and grab the mop and clean it up I still had tears running down my face as my so called father walks to the table and drinks more. "And after that go to your room! And don't come out unless I say so!" He says as he sits down on one of the seats. I finished cleaning and run to my mirror I took my hand off my eye I was lucky enough that no glass got inside of my eyes but it did on on some of my skin and it really hurt I picked off the glass carefully and clean up the blood. Their was a scar on my face it was on top and under my eyelid.  I just hoped it will heal... From now on that when everything changed. When Emily was 10 her father took her to a pool to "apologize" for his bad behavior but as soon as they got home he got mad for no reason and beat her for 2 hours she learn how to hide from him and when she was 10 years old she took a martial arts class and now knew how to fight back just in case she had more scars now on her hands legs and shoulders.

-3 years later-
"Hit harder Emily!" Her Martail arts teacher told her. "Good! Keep doing that!" She adds.

I took this class for 3 years now and have to learn all I can to protect myself I don't want anything to bad happening to me or anyone. As Emily practice she fought as long as she could and learn all she could. And now she was 14 and now in 7th grade....

Emily went to school as normal and went and grab her things she took her stuff and ran to class. As she ran she bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh are you ok!? I'm so sorry do need something?!" The person said. Emily looked up to see a girl as she try to help her up.

"Pretty...." Emily wishper.