☆Prologue☆

Nico POV

" You will find the truth, only if you are slain by your will."

It was the last thing Nico remembered thinking before he found himself sitting in the woods letting himself die by the hands of a very angry minor god. He found himself floating before his father's throne. He was sure he'd just died, but he was in his ambassadors toga with gold details in his hair and all around his body, traditional Greek sandals wrapped around his ankle and swirled up to his knee from a flat base.

"Father? What happened? Why am I already here?"

He asked, his voice was the same as before he died, but he knew he looked different for sure.

"Father, what's happening with my eyes?"

His vision was a bit blurry, and his vision was quite literally tinted with stars. It was odd because he wasn't dizzy, and he didn't feel faint at all. Only a bit blurry and literally tinted with stars.

"I believe it's time to tell you about  really what happened before you were put in the lotus hotel."

His father told him, then disappeared. Somehow, Nico knew exactly where his Father had gone, the dining room.

And somehow, he quickly appeared in the room too.

"Oh! Good, you're back! Come sit, the tarteyha is almost ready,"

(A/N; for anyone wondering, it's pronounced tar-tay-ah and I just made it up.)

Persephone's voice called out from the kitchen. Nico slowly walked towards the kitchen, as he arrived Persephone was smiling at him.

"Sit now," She told him in a motherly voice, "Gemini will be here soon."

Gemini? Tarteyha? Persephone acting motherly?

It was all kind of weird to him, but he went with it. It was nice, and if being a demigod had taught him anything, it was to enjoy the nice things since they never seemed to last.

So, though a bit hesitantly, he sat down.

"Isn't Tarteyha made of food from the underworld?"

He asked as a boy about his age came in and sat opposite to him at the table. He looked almost a bit like if Hazel was a boy. Same golden eyes, same frizzy cinnamon hair, same chocolate skin and warm smile.

It was only at that moment he felt the need to glance into the mirror in the room beside the kitchen.

"I'll be right back," He said, and got up just before Persephone stared to plate the food.

He ran over to the other room, which turned out to be a Dressing room. Complete with mirrors, a bath tub and shower, and many, many clothes racks. He glanced over in to the closest mirror.

His hair was up in a pony tail and his toga was a chiton. With a bralette he had only noticed now. And oddly enough, his features were now quite feminine. "What-" He whispered, then started to panic. His voice sounded almost exactly like when Hazel and Annabeth spoke in sync.

He was a She.

She screeched.

"Nicole? Are you alright dear?"

Persephone's voice called out from the kitchen. Nicole? Who was...

Just play along
He thought

"I'm fine,"

He called out.

He? She?  What was happening? What what could they even call themselves?