☆ Kissing in the Rain ☆

(^)

It had been 3 days since the whole robot incident, and I have been avoiding Colby since. He goes into a room. I walk out. He sends me a text. I "accidentally" don't see it.

I mean, what am I supposed to say? "Hey, yeah, I'm a jealous girlfriend-not-girlfriend who wants you to stop talking to daphne!"

I groaned as I rubbed my hand down my face. I moved the paper I had been attempting to work on at my desk. My brain had been running through circles all day, and that's made my adhd attention span even worse. There was a small knock on my door, making me groan again.

"Evelyn, can I come in?" Hartleys voice could be heard from the other side of the door. I sighed as I turned my head a little, using my hand to flip my hair back.

"Sure." I said just loud enough for her to hear as I looked door at my paper again.

"Hey." She smiled, cracking the door open, walking in and sitting on my bed, facing my back.

"Sup." I mumbled, rereading the same sentence I had been on for 5 minutes.

"You okay? You've barely come out of your room in 3 days." She asked in a worried tone. I nodded before throwing the paper down on my desk with the book with a groan. I ran my fingers through my hair, placing my elbows on the desk.

"I'm going on a ride." I said, getting up and walking over to where my skateboard was propped on my wall.

"Oh, okay. Have fun." Hartley said as I opened my door and walked out, leaving her puzzled.

I closed my front door behind me as I made my way to the sidewalk beside our house. I did a light run and stepped on the edge of my board and dropped it, my other foot finding it as I began to skate off.

I was so confused. Do I talk to him about it? Do I let him come to me to talk? Is this all my fault? I groaned at the thought. I sighed as I let the wind blow through my hair. Closing my eyes shortly, I let the wind relax me slightly as I skated.

I opened my eyes when I felt a rain drop on my nose. I looked around at my surroundings to see I was at least 25 minutes from my house already. I hadn't even realized how long I've been out here. I pulled my sleeves more over my hands to keep them warm and turned around as it began to rain more.

By the time I made it to my street, It had begun to grow harder. I picked my board up and started to run to my front gate before it started to pour.

"Evelyn?" I heard a voice say, making me jump, stopping in my tracks. I turned my head to my right to see a wet headed Colby board in his hand as he walked to his gate in the direction opposite of the way I had come from.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked, squinting my eyes lightly in confusion.

"I could ask you the same thing." He said, looking down at the board in my hand before looking back at me. There was a long pause of silence as I awkwardly turned back to my gate.

"So, are we gonna talk about the robot?" He blurted out, making me look back at him. I scoffed lightly in disbelief.

"Colby, it was a stupid robot that clearly took my emotions the wrong way. It was already broken in the first place - "

"Evelyn, you haven't spoken to me in days!" He interrupted me with a lightly raised tone, making me close my mouth, swallowing lightly. He looked at me, scoffing and looking down, tongue in his cheek.

"You were and clearly still are upset with me. With how things are with us, Evelyn - " Colby said as I looked up.

"Us? What us, Colby? I'm fine. Okay. I know you don't want a relationship. I've seen what you want with us, and it's fine. I'll live, and I'll grow up, and I'll find someone else, and I'll get over it. Maybe even you, and it sucks but -"

"What, Evelyn? What do I want?" He scoffed as the rain began to grow heavier.
"Evelyn, I can't go five seconds without thinking about you. I can't go one minute without wanting to talk about you. I can't go one hour without wanting to be by you. I can't even go one day without thinking about your lips on mine. Evelyn," He sighed as he ran his hand through his wet hair, "I can't go my life without being able to call you mine. And if that is not what you want, then it's fine, and I'll sacrifice for you because i love you, Evelyn. I don't think I'll ever not love you, Evelyn."

There was a pause of silence as we stared at each other on the edge of the road, rain pouring down on us. I cracked a smile as my eyes filled with tears.

"I want you too, Colby. So bad." I said as I watched as we both dropped our boards as I began to walk up to him, lips crashing together as the rain showered down on us.

He smiled into it, snaking his arms around my waist, mine around his neck as he lightly picked me up, spinning me around, making me pull away with a laugh.

He placed me down as we took in our surroundings. We were both soaked from head to toe standing on the rainy sidewalk. We smiled, leaning in as thunder struck, making me scream lightly, him laughing.

"Evelyn?" He asked softly as I played with the wet hair behind his neck.

"Mhm." I hummed with a small smile.

"Can I be yours? I mean, like, actually, this time." He said, nervous, my heart dropping as I looked up at him, a smile forming on my lips. I didn't need a worded answer to tell him as I got on my tiptoes, kissing him passionately.

"I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled as I pulled away, nodding with a small giggle.

"Let's get inside before we get too cold and end up getting sick." Colby said, taking his arms off my hips, me doing the same with his neck, nodding in agreement.

(If you know the next episode after this, this is so much more funny)

He laced our hands together as we ran into the house, soaking wet, dumb smiles on our faces as we did so.

Finally.

----------------------------------------------------------
*1119 words (kinda short, I'm sorry, but it's not a full episode)