• Chapter 1 •

It was 7am, I woke up to my alarm clock's piercing tune. Sunlight filtered through the small gap between the drawn curtains, making the large room come to life in the brightness of this warm, Californian morning.
A muffled grunt came from the right of the thick satin sheets. I turned to see a dark, long haired man, huddled up and face down at my side..Vic.
He slowly lifted his head and forced his deep brown eyes open, fluttering his thick eyelashes as he looked into the brightness.
"Good morning" I smiled, as I admired how perfect he looked, even when he had a bed-head.
"Morning, beautiful" he replied, flashing his bright whites. He then sprung up from the bed and walked over to the closet.
In one swift movement, he removed his t-shirt, showing off his perfectly sculpted body. His skin was marble-smooth and tan. I could never help but stare in amazement at how perfect he was, how lucky I was to have him as my partner.
He replaced his slept-in shirt with another ("Pierce the Veil" proudly stated on the front ) and slipped on some skinny jeans over his boxers.
After spending 10 minutes, brushing through his dark brown curls and setting them perfectly in place, he turned to smile at me. My hair was still tangled from sleeping and I was wearing nothing but a lace bra and some pyjama shorts.
He walked over to me and leaned in for a kiss, strong and hard, his tongue entered my mouth and began to brush along mine, his sweet breath created a tingling sensation.
"What was that for?" I blushed.
He gazed at me deeply, "I love you" stroking his fingers down my bare arm.
"Thank you for last night by the way" he smirked and winked naughtily, as he looked down at his favourite bra that I had on.
"Anytime, Mr. Fuentes" I winked back "You've made me work up quite an appetite".
He got the hint immediately. "Breakfast it is then!" He chuckled.
Vic made an exit from our bedroom and went downstairs to the kitchen, walking with a spring in his step. Looks like I did a good job last night.
As I was throwing clothes around my feet, while searching through my closet and unable to find the perfect outfit, I could hear Vic downstairs making breakfast; pots and pans clashing around, him singing his familiar tune "Hold on 'til May".
I finally found the right outfit for the day and pulled out some dark washed denim jeans and an old "Guns n' Roses" tee.
I pulled my comb through my hair, smoothing it into place and went on to go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I walked into the lit up, white tiled room, I spotted a small black box on the marble counter top. It was decorated with a silk red bow and leaning on it, was a label.
"Happy anniversary (y/n). 3 years have gone by so fast, but many more are to come. I love you, Vic"
I smiled to myself, he continues to make me feel luckier by the second.
I delicately untied the ribbon and lifted the lid from the box. Inside rested a fine silver chain that proudly hung a diamond pendant. I gasped and stared as it glimmered in the light, sparkles dancing around in the brightness.
I carefully placed it around my neck and fastened the clasp, still staring in amazement, at my reflection in the mirror opposite.
I ran out of the bathroom, forgetting to brush my teeth, down the stairs and to the kitchen. Vic was proudly stood next to the dining table, and flashed his white grin when he saw that I had found his gift. He'd successfully made a feast for breakfast and was clearly proud of his achievement.
"Th-thank you, Vic" I choked, a tear droplet rolled down my cheek.
He walked over and grabbed me, wrapping his strong arms around me and kissing me on my forehead,then my neck.
"You don't ever need to thank me (y/n). I can't tell you how happy you've made me and how lucky I feel just to stand next to you"
What he said didn't make any sense. I thought I was the lucky one.
He continued by guiding me onto my seat, across from him at the table.
The surface was hidden and crowded by plates of toast, fruit, eggs and cereal.
"Now eat, beautiful" he commanded.