Prologue

"Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past."

The gems in the image glow green and fade to show simple pictures of a man rising from the earth before being surrounded by creatures, barely held back by warriors.

"Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness — creatures of destruction — the creatures of Grimm - set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void."

Black sets in, then suddenly lessens as a light grows brighter and brighter until a gem rises from it and lowers itself into the hands of man.

"However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named "Dust."

The scene zooms out to show men shooting lightning, raising swords, and aiming rifles at the retreating beasts as a castle appears behind them.

"Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life."

The castle zooms out to show a map of Remnant, which houses other buildings until they disappear in flashes of white and the map is lowered to show the scattering moon over a city at night

"But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... darkness will return."

Motors roar to life as a yellow motorcycle past through traffic. It continue to drive onward to its destination, frightening nearby cars at the reckless speed its going.

"So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments to a so-called "free world", but take heed... there will be no victory in strength."

The camera changed to a house, lowering to a young girl wearing a hooded red cloak in the corner of the living room, reading a weapons magazine.

"But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

As things of the plan going to take place, it change. To the city of Vale as a whole.

"How long do you two still play this game of chess?"

People, both homeless and poor, are making their way up and down in the societal branch that is Remnant.

"This game of pure waiting is getting... boring. I didn't pay to just wait before someone making a move."

Inside Beacon's Tower, there were a couple of individuals having a secret meeting of sorts. In another area, a mansion in the middle of what appears to be the Grimmlands, another group of certain people are also talking of plans.

"The fact that you two are still consisting to fight each other with your warriors is amusing. But you put in so much fate in them that I found it... insulting. You two are waiting still who does what first is seriously making me angry."

It changed to see the girl in the red hood looking back, revealing her eyes.

"I will admit that you never thought of the child till now is bemusing to say the least. Just because she has those eyes doesn't mean anything of her bloodline."