𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 29

It's Tuesday. The day Chris should be going to law firm with his certificates. He left an hour ago and took his past report cards in case he needed them.

There he was in front of the lawyer.

Mr.Brandon:"Hello. My name's Brandon Hayes. I'm the one who's responsible for your...certificates and documents. Did you bring them with you?"

Chris:"First of all, it is nice meeting you Mr.Brandon. To answer your question, yes I have. I brought my past report cards too with me in case you needed them. Would you like to take them?"

Mr. Brandon:"Yes, please. Have a seat. We will have to talk about many things while I go through the subjects and your grades."

Chris took his seat and took a deep breath.

Mr.Brandon:"Alright. This seems great here. History A+, Mathematics A-, Politics and science A, Philosophy A+, English B. I'm quite impressed. Let's have a look at your certificates."

Chris nodded as he handed the lawyer the certificates.

He unfolded them as he spoke:
"Oh it says you're pretty good at presentations and explaining things. That's a good step... it also says that you have a way of words and you explain them. Alright then. I'll send those to law school and talk to them about this. But in my view everything seems good."

Chris nods his head once and thanks the lawyer.

The lawyer stands up and says:
"So tell me Mr.Anderson, tell me about yourself. What do you do in your free time. What do you like and what do you dislike snd what makes you become a lawyer."

Chris clears his throat.
Chris:"In my free time I usually help my girlfriend in the house and take care of my family. I love to help people, especially homeless people. I do not like if somebody has disrespect in me and when a person isn't loyal. I like to become a lawyer as I mentioned to help people and it impresses me how they dress and what they do. I like being professional and serious."

Mr. Brandon noted a few things on his paper and stood up, so did Chris. They shook hands.

Mr. Brandon:"Thank you for coming and handing me your certificates, as I said I will contact law school and write you an email if you get the job or not and if you're still to do your exam or not. I hope to see you soon."

Chris smiled and greeted him.
He left and went to Max's house. He rang at the door at first no one answered. He waited another couple of seconds. Still no one answered. He was about to leave but Max revealed himself shirtless.

Chris:"Sorry if I bothered dude. I didn't know..."

Max:"It's all good ma boy, just me and my girl were hooking up. What's up?"

Chris:"You still remember that engagement ring I told you and to have it saved at yours? Do you still have it?"

Max:"Oh yeah, hold on a minute. Let me go get it."

Chris waited patiently even though the door was left open he could hear Lilith call out "What's taking so long babe." as she moaned.

Chris rolled his eyes and laughed quietly.

After a couple of minutes, Max returned with the ring in a small red box.

Max:"Here ya go. What's going on? You proposing her soon?"

Chris:"Yeah, I am. I'm sure she gonna love it, dawg."

Max:"Alright. Good luck with your girl. I've gotta rush cause ma girl needs me right now."

Both chuckled and Chris waved goodbye as he walked away. On his way he could hear Lilith's moaning. He rolled his eyes as he smiled and kept walking.

He rented a beach proposal setup for the evening. He took a taxi and drove off there.