Chapter one: Flower.

April 2nd

   "I dreamed about her again. Waking up in a cold sweat, I wanted to hold her.. But I couldn't."

    Grim wrote in his notebook. He did this to keep his mind off of the pain. He didn't want to cry again... not ever again.

    Grim glanced to the raising sun, the trees swayed in the breeze.. He shut his blinds; He was withering away.

                                            • <> •

        Later in the day, Grim walked outside to water his Pink Lilies. They added the color in his life that Tanya, his deceased wife, used to give him.

       As he watered his flowers, he noticed Jordan running to his home. Jordan was a young man who considered Grim a father figure.

"Hey Grim!" Jordan Shouted.

"Greetings, Jordan. What do I owe the pleasure..?" Grim spoke softly.

"Nothing much, my friend.. Watering your Lilies?" Jordan's clothes had dirt stains on them...

"That's correct, would you like to help me?" Grim offered. To which Jordan smiled softly and knelt down next to Grim.

                                        • <> •

"You're thinking of her again, aren't you?" Jordan asked bluntly but in a soft tone.

        Grim tensed up, he was never one to open up about his feelings.

"I— Yes, my boy.. I'm thinking about Tanya. As much as it pains me too." Grim's voice was quiet and pained.

        Jordan put a hand on Grim's shoulder and patted it, softly. "Then let's focus on the flowers, my friend.." Jordan said with a small smile.

         Grim smiled in response and nodded his head in agreement.. He enjoyed the company Jordan brought- even if he didn't like people all too much.

"Let's.. They could use the water..."

🌸