Chapter one

It was a cold and rainy night. The streets were silent and calm. Atsushi walked the familiar streets. He wonders how Dazai was doing and what he had been doing. While on the thought of Dazai he realized it's been almost a month since Dazai left to go on a mission. He was so worried on what happened. Dazai can't die tho.

  Atsushi stopped at the shore. He subconsciously walked here while thinking about Dazai. Dazai reminds him of the shore. Sweet and chill but dangerous and scary. The sound was calming and relaxing.

  He took his shoes off and put his feet on the water. He closes his eyes to try to think of good memories but it came out short. He's so worried about Dazai that's all he can think about.

  Atsushi took a deep breath before he went to his bag and shoes and called Dazai. It rang and rang but no answer. Maybe Dazai was on a mission where he couldn't have a phone or had no service. He made the greatest decision to go home for the night.

  The next morning Atsushi would arrived at the ADA. He puts a smile on his face. He hope to see Dazai. When he walked in he saw Kunikida. Kunikida wasn't doing his work he was so depressed looking. This wasn't Kunikida. Something happened.

  He looks at Dazai desk to see it was empty. No memories of Dazai. Nothing. Dazai's stuff was gone.

  "Hey, Kunikida?" Atsushi said with a confused tone.

  "Atsushi..." Kunikida voice broke.

  Atsushi is so concerned that's raw emotion in Kunikida. Something happened something bad.

  "What's going on...?" Atsushi asked.

  "It's Dazai...he was KIA..." Kunikida spoke in a broken voice.

  Atsushi was so confused this wasn't supposed to happen. Why Dazai...? Why Dazai and not him...Atsushi blacked out. He broke down.

  Atsushi came back to it. He was in his room. This was all a dream. All a dream...Kunikida came in with that blank face and handed him Dazai's jacket saying Dazai would want him to have this.

Atsushi was so upset. He remembered Dazai saying him, giving him a job, a place to stay. Dazai made a great influence on Atsushi and now he's dead. Atsushi blames himself for being so weak. They should have helped sooner.