A Date Perhaps?

Damian's face was ablaze. He was alone with Y/n, just the two of them, in a restaurant. How had this happened? The initial plan had been a group outing, but then Jason had swooped in, asking Estelle out for dinner. A dinner date. To get to know each other better.

Eve, ever the strategist, had seized the opportunity. With Sky and James as their discreet bodyguards, she'd arranged a secluded table at a charming little spot. And now, here he was, across from Y/n, his heart pounding in his ears.

Damian shifted uncomfortably in his seat, his gaze darting around the restaurant, anywhere but at Y/n. The soft jazz music seemed to amplify the awkward silence between them.

"So, uh, the beach was nice," he began, his voice barely audible.

Y/n chuckled, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "It was. You were surprisingly... tolerable."

Damian felt his face heat up again. "Shut up."

They both laughed, the tension easing a little.

"You know," Y/n said, leaning forward, "I've never really seen you like that." She gestured vaguely towards the beach. "Relaxed, I mean."

"I don't relax," Damian retorted, but a small smile played on his lips.

"Sure, you don't," Y/n teased. "The brooding, grumpy Damian Wayne."

"I'm not grumpy."

"Right, of course not." Y/n raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in her eyes.

A comfortable silence fell between them as they enjoyed their food. The occasional soft murmur of conversation broke the stillness, but it was the unspoken understanding between them that filled the air. Damian found himself looking at Y/n, truly looking at her, and was surprised by the warmth that filled him.

Eventually, they both grew more relaxed, and Damian found himself gazing at Y/n's eyes which reflected the wisteria and light around them. 

The view was perfect, a balcony with the greatest spot in the entire resort. It reflected the city's lights, skies, and view at perfect measure.

"Try this," Y/n held out a spoon of caramel pudding. "I heard it tastes good here."

"I can feed myself-" Damian tried to dodge but failed.

"Nice try, but I'm feeding you." Y/n smiled. "Now, say ah,"

Damian accepted it, his ears were burning dynamites while his heart and stomach was shooting fireworks as he opened his mouth, pink blush coated his cheeks. "Ahh,"

Oddly enough, fireworks actually set out at that very moment.

And Damian and Y/n smiled as they cherished every moment out of it.

"Here," Damian held out a spoon. "My turn." He smirked.

"Okayyy." She teased. "Ahhh."

Chapter XVIII | A Date Perhaps?Word count: 428

Word count: 428

[A/N: I think this is the sweetest chapter I've written so far. And I like it. Do you guys want more fluff?]