[ One ] First Impressions

[Y/N POV]

The clock on the wall ticked every second, its thin long hand snapping to a rhythmic beat. Along with the silent hum of the lights above, it could almost be torturous for any normal individual, especially for the amount of time I was kept in here.

Nothing but a clock, chair, table and an obvious two-way mirror in this white, warmly lit room. I was rather use to this environment from the amount of times I would change psychiatric wards.

The staff had left me here for about two hours, claiming they would 'be back soon with paperwork'. It was an obvious lie. They were testing me. Eventually, tired of my lack of reaction, a man entered awkwardly "We apologise for the delay." He said, clearing his throat.

He presented paperwork on the table with a flimsy pen. "I understand you have come from a similar facility, however you will still need to read over our policies and sign right here." As he pointed to a signature line, I hid a eyeroll as I took my time to read over their rules encase I can use any info.

The man grew impatient of me, glancing at the clock but hidding his irritation. I eventually finished reading the lengthy and choppy writing, before signing away my rights.

He offered a warm smile that tempted a laugh from me, but I held my fences up as he took away the paper and pen, clearly faking a smile to make the place feel friendly. I don't buy a damn thing they said.

As I watched him walk away, my mind wandered, he had already left for a couple hours, he could very well be gone for another. Thankfully though a couple women came in with some clothing to fit me into.

As I was practically forced into changing, they tried to give me decency and avoid looking at private areas, but in my eyes, it was pointless due to the two-way mirror on the wall.

~

Finally, I was escorted through the facility to my room, which was rather the furthest away from the main entrance, possibly to keep me from escaping easily. The long empty corridors had doors on either side that we went past, occasionally hearing yelling or crying. Typical things.

My expression hadn't shifted at all throughout this entire encounter, refusing to give any hint of what I was truly thinking. The staff tried to talk me through the activites that reside here, but I had no interest.

"Get cozy in bed and in the morning will be group therapy." They said in a calm yet positive manner, a session I was rather not looking forward too however I might be able to seek out information on other patients through it.

As they swung open the door and escorted me inside, I noticed multiple doors and a few chairs in the main area. Great, roommates. I thought.

The staff assumed it would be best for me to make my own introduction to my roommates, as they seemed nervous and ready to leave the room quickly with the way they shuffle out the door. I slightly raised an eyebrow in confusion but looked around the common area as they left with a wave.

It was simply a table with two chairs and a couch, the walls painted a deep teal, which you usually see in psychologist's offices. My eyes glanced to the doors. One. Two. Three. Three doors. I opened the one on the far left, inside was a dirty sink, mirror and toilet. The light was flickering causing the room to be lit dimly.

I grimaced slightly; I've seen cleaner bathrooms in these facilities before, but ultimately I could easily sneak into employee's bathroom to feel more clean.

I shut the door and moved onto the next room on the right, it was fit exactly for a single bed and a dresser infront, with a wide blurred window behind the headboard. The sheets were fitted neatly and a single pillow lay above. Assuming it was my room, I shut the door and looked over at the last room on the far right, intrigued.