A New Confrontation

" Its over now the music of the night.'  Tears streamed down my cheeks why does Christine go with the Raoul what about the Phantom, I wipe my tears and walk to the kitchen  I peered at the walls wallpaper stained and its become unglued our house is falling apart my mother works two jobs my father is a drunk and I recently was unlashed by his rage the evidence was on my left cheek red hazel eyes bruised and swollen.  I wonder why I am still here I am seventeen and still living in this hell hole I call home I am  not pretty or beautiful unlike my cousin Sarah all the boys want her I'm really dull though no life in my cheeks not a hint or shade of red. I wonder if this is the life I will live forever, with my parents alone with no one isolated like the phantom of the opera but in a way a little better I think. I open the fridge a dozen of empty beer cans on the shelves a block of cheese and mustard. I let out a huge sigh I rush to my bedroom and put my black wavy locks in a side braid I apply as much cover up for my face and I walk out my front porch its April and the life was blooming everywhere the daises in small bushels  at the corner of our un mowed lawn and my tiny rose garden begging to bud I've always had a fascination with flowers my mom used to tell me I had a green thumb now all she does is tell me of how much a mistake I am to her she wasn't always like this she once was beautiful he dark brown hair flowing in every direction like a regal queen now her hair grayed at the roots and tangled her scent of tobacco and cheap perfume id always wondered about her transformation. the beauty underneath was there but only a spark I could only recognize. I walked to the general store by the dairy market on Charleston lane Mr. Wilfred the shopkeeper welcomes me with open arms he's handsome 35 years old and when he smiles hints of crows feet form at the corners of his eyes " Azalea you look beautiful as ever." Mr. Wilfred your Making me blush I say softly " Nonsense you shouldn't be" he grabs my hands and looks me straight in the eyes and he leans in slowly and presses his lips gently on mine.