1. Prologue

Care killed the cat

      Rustling pages from a book.

      It's the beginning of summer. The perfect time for outings with friends! And of course - school vacations. The sun penetrates every crevice, forcing people to wake up early in the morning. But even that is avoided by Evelina. She can sleep until the middle of the day, but most often wakes up at nine or ten in the morning. Quite normal for a teenager turning seventeen. I guess...

Evelina slowly stretched out on the bed, opening her eyes. What a pleasant sensation. A new day - new events. After all, today her friend Katya suggested her to take a walk in an abandoned store. To be more precise - in an abandoned store. Ava immediately agreed. She loved this kind of thing. She found something mystical, paranormal in it. To be honest, she had always believed in such things, there were isolated cases with which it was otherwise. But it's so cool to believe in something that doesn't exist. After all, the sea, after all, studied even less than ten percent! There's a lot of speculation about what's lurking out there.

      But that's not the point.

      Evelina is already going to the meeting place with her friend, having prepared herself beforehand. Light light light pants and a white T-shirt with a meme cat. She really likes this outfit. And you know, since we are talking about the description of the character, then I want to say that Evelina has dark blonde and short hair. Her hair is above her shoulders and her bangs are always very cool curly. Also, Ava liked to walk around with headphones. Big bluetooth headphones. Well, let's get down to business!

— "Bro, I'm a little late, aren't I? No, I'm on time," — Ava said proudly, approaching her friend. Their meeting place was near the drugstore, closer to the trees. It was right next to one of the trees that Ava found her bro. Speaking of Katya. Catherine is blonde, but you don't think that her hair is very light and yellow - quite the opposite! It's pastel. She was wearing a dark beautiful skirt and a white t-shirt. It's summer, after all. It's best not to wear dark colors, or God forbid you get sunstroke.

"Idiot, why do you always show up later than you're supposed to?" —Katya sighed and leaned against a tree. — " I'll drown you someday, honestly."

" Oh," — Ava stroked the blonde's head, "that's so sweet of you! No one has ever said that to me before!

      This is the typical dialog of these girlfriends. Even though some of them may speak negatively, don't get any ideas! It's a friendly relationship and they understand that, they don't take offense at the teasing.

"Well," — Ava Beginns, — "what did you say you found cool there?

You know, an abandoned store! They say it closed down about twelve years ago, but no one has torn it down yet. It's amazing, considering the country we live in," Katya grinned, "I think you'll definitely like it, don't you?

"Sure, are you kidding? I love it. Lead the way!"

       And then this company of two headed off in a direction known only to Katya. I don't think the reader will be interested in reading how they got there. So now, I'll turn the story over to our protagonist.

      Cool! Thanks, buddy. Ahem, so here we go... We reached this store. It was mostly empty, so it was low traffic. But there was one problem: How do we get in?

"Do you think we could sneak in through the window? The windows are close to the ground," — I tilted my head questioningly, glancing at my bro.

"How else could it be? The entrance is cluttered somehow," — Katya sighed and walked over to one of the windows. — "Damn, I feel like a vandal."