Chapter 1: Same School, Different Day

Classroom 2-B, Furin High School

"Good, it looks like stage 1 of my plan is working." I proudly thought to myself.

I immediately rushed to the seat i wanted, 4th row window seat. That way, i had the lowest chance of being called in the class.

No one was here yet since i had purposely arrived 1 hour earlier in order not to get into some stupid interactions along the way.

"This is perfect!"

"Finally, the domino's have fallen in my favor in the best fashion!"

I gleefully smirk as i take the seat, marking it with my bag on the side of the chair.

"According to my calculations, this should be the safest spot in the whole classroom. However, i was never good at math."

There are 6 rows in total in the whole class divided into 6 columns. If i sit right here, my chances of being called are...

are...

"Damn... i think i need to bring out the calculator for this one."

As i reach out to grab for it, someone enters the room to my utter shock.

I did read the notice on the announcement board last year that the school was becoming co-ed. However, it was still shocking to see one, especially this early.

"Morning." She said to me, waving her hand a bit akwardly. Looks like she's also weirded out by this situation.

"Morning." I replied back as hushed as possible as she tried to find a seat. The girl has long braided brown hair and blue eyes.

"Memorizing their appearances won't really matter much."

I grab my bag, open it, and grab something that will alleviate my boredom for this next hour.

A light novel!

I found this one on some forums a week ago, I managed to scamper enough funds to get it.

"86 by Asato Asato... huh"

I grab my phone (and headphones, just in case) before dropping my bag down next to the chair again

I turn on my phone and head to google, out of curiosity to find out who the author was and what experience they had.

"This is her first one?!"

She must be excellent to get this much high praise from the forums!

"Judging from the cover art alone, it looks good. And it has 13 volumes, it must be highly rated everywhere!"

I open the book to the foreword, pop in my headphones, and listen to an old band i love, HUGG NOTES. And begin my journey reading 86!

-----

1 hour later...

Classroom 2-B, Furin High School

"Fuck, class is starting." I thought as i faintly hear the bell as my playlist blasts into my ear.

In stark contrast to earlier, the class was now full this time. Who could've guessed...