The Nightmare

I was riding my bike on Lower St. On my way home from a beauty pageant on Bailey St, which I lost. I was furiously pedaling due to time, it was gonna get dark soon, nothing good ever happened when it was dark.
As I pedal along the empty street, with few houses, I look over to the field on my left. The yellows and pinks blending like paint, making a bright, soothing,orange. Then the healthy green grass, is filled with tiger lilies, roses, daisies and many more beautiful flowers. I then look beyond the field to see a tree, a single oak tree, surrounded by a circle of other trees. It looked, seemed, and felt as if it was preyed on.
That beauty didn't last long until reality kicked in and my thighs burned, and the fact that time actually changed and the sun was starting to set. I pull out my IPhone 5c from my ripped blue jeans, and gently turned it on. Though there was a problem, it didn't turn on. "Dang it" I said raising my voice.
How was I to see without a flashlight in the oncoming darkness? I put the phone back in my pocket, I decided to furiously pedal even with the burning sensation in my thighs. 
As I the thought crossed my mind a grey Honda pick up truck pulls up to me. I stopped just as soon as it did. Thoughts were racing through my mind "Why the hell is he/her pulling over?" "What if they are a rapist?" All the thoughts of what of raced through my mind baffling me that I almost didn't hear the mans raspy voice call "Kid come over here". I look at the truck and a tan muscular arm reaches out motioning for me to come. I decided what the hell? Why not? I get off my bike holding as tight as possible for any way of escaping if this guy turns out to be a rotten apple.
"It's dark out, take this flashlight kid"
"Thank you sir"
"No problem, use it. It gets scary at dark."