ᴛᴡᴏ - ʟᴀᴠᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴘs

A small, bright coffee shop at the intersection of Steelhead and Woodrock streets, with the ironic name "Roast & Roll" greeted the guys with a melancholic space. The concert of a local garage band drew all the attention of young people, so the place was empty. The cozy loft-style cafe looked modern and sharply stood out among the gloomy same type buildings in Amber Hill. Charlie was even surprised that in the two months he had been in the city he had not visited this place.

Evan walked up to the bar counter and grabbed a small bell, actively ringing it. The barista, had been reading some kind of magazine before, jumped up in surprise.

"Holdie, what are you forgetting here?"

"It's a robbery! Get out all coffee beans and a pack of cream to boot!"

Evan and the girl laughed as Charlie confusedly watched their surprisingly warm interaction. Does he really communicate with everyone like that? So warm and relaxed.

"Oh, for mercy, you left nothing from the last shift!", girl's mood noticeably improved as soon as they arrived. She looked about the same age as them, but Charlie couldn't remember her at school.

"Okay, then take one dollar and a million cups of coffee!", Evan laughed it off and turned back to Charlie, "This is Yena, hangs out here five days a week from two to eight pm . Yena, this is Charlie."

"Hi," Charlie replied tonelessly.

"Haven't seen you here before. Welcome and all", Yena handed over the coffee card. Evan sat down at the counter, and Charlie had no choice but to take a seat next to him.

"Choose what you like," Evan said. Charlie didn't even look at the card and immediately said, "Mint Americano, not iced, just add syrup", smiling widely, he made sweet eyes and chirped in a thin voice, "Thank you, honey!"

"Maybe with pineapple?" Evan was not even taken aback and responded to Charlie's trick with a sly grin. Charlie raised his eyebrows and waggled them.

"Is this how I'll pay for the coffee?"

"You're hilarious. I should take you with me more often!"

"Holdie, what do you want?" Yena asked.

"Oh, I'd like lavender raf."

"With fairy dust?"

"Oh well. A mound with a slide!"

Yena took the order and went to make coffee. Evan gave Charlie his full attention. Turning to him, he rested chin on his fist and smiled.

"And you told me about the dangers of cigarettes!" Charlie chuckled, "Sugar in such quantities is harmful than nicotine!"

"Everyone has their own way being intimate with death. At least, mine is delicious!"

Really delicious. Charlie had forgotten the last time he uttered that word. When he rated food or drinks and they actually tasted good. The further it went, the more it seemed that nothing except bitterness and pain had any taste. Evan struck him with sharp contrasts. Tall, probably strong, and drinks a girly drink. And nevertheless... It's impossible to imagine a cup of the same americano or espresso in his hands. Raf is ideal. And the syrup must be lavender. Not walnut, not pumpkin. Delicate, with a slight pepperiness.

"Lavender raf... didn't think you so gentle," Charlie said, more to his thoughts than to Evan. Only in the end of the sentence Wright realized that he had said it out loud.

"Mint Americano is also an unusual choice. You can tell a lot about people based on them favorite drink, did you know?"

"Do you know a lot about drinks?"