11

The next morning, at daybreak, Su Ming came over pulling a ox cart borrowed from the village.

  Zhong Qingze put the things on the ox cart while instructing Su Yaoyun.

  "This bag of clothes is for the baby and has been washed."

  "This bag contains bacon and cured duck..."

  "This bag is rice..."

  "Here are goose eggs, and two bottles of the chicken mushroom sauce you fried last time. Be careful."

  Ever since I followed Su Yaoyun's advice and moved the geese into the pond, the geese in my family have laid more eggs, and they're very fragrant.

  "Hey, do you want to get a few more geese?"

  “…”

  Su Yaoyun looked at the luggage that was almost filling up a cart, and thought to himself that it was a good thing that he had bought a sleeper berth to take care of Zhong Qing, otherwise it would be difficult to get so many things on the cart.

  Fortunately, Su Ming was sober and interrupted Zhong Qing's idea of ​​adding more goods. "Alright, alright, Yao Yun can't move so much by himself."

  In order to prevent Zhong Qing from stuffing more things into his pockets while no one was paying attention, Su Yaoyun urged, "Dad, hurry up and leave. It will be too late if you don't leave now."

  "Yaoyun, be sure to pay attention to safety on the road and don't talk to strangers."

  "If anyone asks you for help, ask the conductor..."

  "Take care of the feed. Don't work too hard."

  While driving the ox cart, Su Ming chattered with Su Yaoyun. Su Yaoyun could understand his old father's worries and nodded frequently in response.

  Arriving at the train station, Su Yaoyun was really shocked. It was packed with people and even finding a place to stand was a problem. If they had not been following Su Ming closely, they would have almost been separated by the crowd.

  "Oh, there are too many people."

  Because there were so many things, Su Ming also helped to move them into the car.

  "Excuse me for letting me."

  "thanks, thanks!"

  The two of them broke through the crowd and reached their position with great effort, their foreheads covered with sweat.

  Su Ming wiped the sweat off his forehead and wanted to give Su Yaoyun some advice, but seeing the conductor coming to maintain order, he could only lower his head and tell her to be careful when out. He then stuffed something wrapped in cloth into her hand and without waiting for Su Yaoyun to react, he rushed into the surging crowd.

  She probably guessed what it was, but didn't open it. Then she glanced around casually, and when she saw that no one was paying attention to her, she quietly put the money into a small bag.

  In his previous life, Su Yaoyun had also heard from his grandparents that the thieves on trains in this era all had special skills. They could tear clothes without anyone noticing and take the money inside.

  However, she was relatively safer on the upper bunk. After putting everything away, Su Yaoyun leaned leisurely against the head of the bed. Listening to the roar of the train and looking out the window at the magnificent mountains and clear lakes, she felt a sense of belonging to this strange world for the first time.