Prologue

I rolled in my bed, landing on my stomach. I couldn't stop scrolling through Instagram, my whole body was being consumed by my phone. It really is addictive. Too addictive. 

I was so out of it I almost didn't noticed Katie calling me. I sigh and answered :

''Yes, ma'am?'' I asked, 

She laughed, 

''Calling me ma'am now? Since when?'' She asked, giggling. 

I laughed, 

''Since now,'' 

I could feel my best friend's eyes rolling. 

''Anyways... I was calling my bestfriend but I guess I ended up calling a hater,'' She said sassily. 

I laughed, 

''Alright, alright... What's up?'' I asked, sitting in my bed. 

I looked outside the window, it was dark. It was already late. 

I looked down at my phone waiting on my bestfriend's answer. 

''I wanted to ask you something for tomorrow,'' She said, 

I could tell that she was distracted, she seemed like she was thinking about a few things at the same time. 

''Spit it out,'' I spoke, 

''Jake invited us to a party tomorrow, he asked for you,'' She simply said, yet those words were wrong. 

I stopped moving for a moment, what did she just say?

''Excuse me?'' I barely spoke outloud. 

She sighed, 

''You heard me Ava...'' She softly say. 

I rolled my eyes, 

''I did hear you, but you are mistaken - why the fuck would Jake ask us to go to a party tomorrow?'' I asked perplexed. 

''Because he's Colin's friend, he wouldn't want you feel left out,'' She said like this wasn't a big deal. 

I stood up from my bed, I couldn't believe what Katie was saying. 

''So, if I understand what you are saying - your boyfriend Colin asked Jake my ex boyfriend... to go to his party? And Jake actually agreed - actually I am not even surprised he did,'' I sigh,

''Do you hear yourself Katie? This is crazy...'' I said softly. 

I could hear Colin in the background whispering to Katie. 

''I know it sounds bad, but Colin says that Jake changed. I do believe him when he says that,'' She said, 

I closed my eyes, this is unbelievable. 

''I don't know Katie, this sounds pretty messed up to me to be honest,'' I said, hooking my left arm against my waist. 

I heard some noises coming from Katie's phone :

''Ava.'' Jake said through the phone. 

My stomach dropped. 

''Listen, I am so sorry for what I did to you, please just come tomorrow... I want us to talk,'' He simply said. 

My phone was now on my bed, I was standing still. Why? Why talk? His actions spoke louder than words could ever. 

A few tears were stuck in my eyes, my vision was blurry. I grabbed my phone, pushed it against my ear. 

''No. I do not want to talk or see you ever again,'' I said coldly. 

I held the phone harder in my hand, the tears were now down my cheeks. I couldn't believe that he had the audacity to take my bestfriend's phone to speak with me.