Victoria Monet Awards- Completed Version

A/N: idk why this one in particular was so hard for me to write. Imma be honest and say I'm not 100% happy with this version.
—————————————————————
Since December Victoria has heard from Teyana maybe twice. She was very active on social media and Victoria texted her no less than a dozen times in those seven months since their very steamy rendezvous. Needless to say Teyana was on her shit list. She even went as far as posting subliminal and direct quotes to the New Yorkian on her ig story in hopes of getting her attention but it went unnoticed.

So when Victoria was tapped to do the Usher tribute with Teyana she wasn't too thrilled about it. She even contemplated saying no, but who says no to Usher? She would be a fool if she did so she was forced to suck it up and participate.
————
The day she walked into the studio an instant scowl painted her bare face and she rolled her eyes to the ceiling.

"Vic! Hey girl!" Teyana greeted the petite singer with open arms. Victoria let out a scoff and folded her arms "hi" was all she offered as she walked further in and put her stuff down. Teyana let her arms fall in confusion. Victoria continued fiddling with her things ignoring Teyana in the process even under her glaring presence.

"Umm you good?" She sat on her hip stuffing her hands in her baggy sweats. "Fine" Victoria replied curtly still not looking at Teyana. Vic wouldn't admit to Teyana that she was in her feelings. Teyana walked away and began her stretches, Victoria doing the same warming up her body for what was to come. Teyana watched Victoria the entire time trying to read her body language, coming up with nothing she decided to give it a rest thinking maybe she was just having an off day.

After stretching and meeting Aisha the choreographer, they watched as her and Sean went over what the performance would look like. Vic was enamored by all the new moves she would be doing but not excited that they're with Teyana, she rolled her eyes at the thought.

"Ok we're gonna break this down into three sections. I know it's a lot of walking across the stage and semi posing but you still have to be graceful." Aisha cautioned the two ladies as she positioned them into place for the stood. They stood about a foot apart and even that was too close for Victoria, her irritation radiating from her body as she fought the urge to such her teeth. Sean shot her a look to fix her face.bso shebgave a sarcastic smile with a tilt of her head not caring if Teyana saw the exchange or not.

They began going over the staging and traveling directions. Victoria trying her hardest to maintain the most distance with Teyana.

"Victoria while your walk is nice open up your stride and pull your shoulders back to lengthen your spine." She corrected Victoria's posture so she knew what it felt like. "You feel the difference?" She asked the singer. Victoria nodded.

"Good. feel that the entire time you're performing." Vic took note of how this feels committing it to muscle memory. They reset and kept going over it until they had all the blocking, stage direction and moves down. They played around with some things that ultimately didn't fit so they went back to the original moves. Victoria felt she was being chased by Teyana which she tried her hardest to maintain a foot of more of distance.

"Let's pause here and take a quick break come back in..." Aisha looked at her watch. "10 minutes." Victoria's legs couldn't carry her fast enough to the exit. She beelined towards the bathroom locking the stall behind her letting out a deep breath.

"Get it together Vic" she shifted her weight back and forth with her hands on her head before she let them drop to her sides. Composing herself she unlocked the door and pushed it open only to be met with Teyana leaned against the counter, her arms crossed over chest. Victoria gasped.

"What's your issue with me Vic?" She asked bluntly. Vic narrowed her eyes looking back and forth between Teyana and the door, calculating how she could escape without T getting her hands on her. She took a few quick strides towards the door but Teyana was faster and snatched her up. She glared up into her eyes.