Chapter 16

You were now on a special floor of the V tower that Vox had actually designed for medical purposes. It was a small hall with only two rooms, one of which was being used by you. Velvette and Valentino had saw no good purpose and deemed it a waste of space, money, and staff. They were eating their words now.

Vox watched from his cameras in the hospital room as the nurse checked your vitals, he'd always been there to watch even while you weren't in the tower. It had been two days since you'd woken up. You'd awaken every so often but you'd been too weak to stand or hold a conversation. You didn't say much anyways, only complaining about still being bed ridden.

You hated how unproductive you felt. It was torture. You could finally play guitar today, your arms now scabbed and past the first healing layer. But whenever you asked the nurse you were given the same answer as always. "No, I'm sorry Saint Y/n, Mr Vox would like you in bed for now." She was always so kind and had always brought you everything you needed- you weren't going to snap. No matter how much your lightning itched for it.

Your scars were pretty gnarly to say the least. You twisted your arms back and forth to see all the black root patterns and purple underlining. It wasn't pretty, but you could see how you could market your new look to the tv and music listeners.

Boris had come to visit the other day, despite all three V's saying no. It was a wonder that your nurse was able to sneak him in, (another reason why you won't escape the hospital wing and make her life harder).

"You look like shit." Was the first thing the stapled and stitched up muppet said followed by him showing you how many people adored your concert just to attempt to make you crack a smile. "Everyone loved it and they won't stop asking for the next show." Which you did not. "Velvette filters out hate comments and bad press. It's a dead internet." You sigh into your jello cup that the dietitians had been forcing you to eat. Vox scheduled an entire meal plan since you'd been comatose. Not that you'd agreed to it. "Just try and put yourself in a good mood. Here-" Boris took a seat and slid you a perfectly rolled blunt across your hospital blanket. You set your jello cup on your nightstand before picking the blunt up. IV tapped to you bumped against other wires and fluids that you were hooked up to. And despite all those fucking cords and connectors and tasteless food-

You actually did smile for the first time.

Lighting up and inhaling first, Boris handed you the joint before stepping over to the windows and airing out the room. "Nice view. Vox always seems to put you in the best rooms." He shakes his head, orange strands of yarn fall past his ears. Boris wasn't going to speak anymore about Vox. He could tell he had been upsetting you. He hadn't even come to visit. Neither had Valentino or Velvette since the hospital.

Inhaling, holding, and releasing you let yourself get a good high. It was perfect. You had closed your eyes and leaned back, bringing the joint to your lips again before breathing it. This was just what you needed. You didn't need anyone. You were more than fine not being pestered by the V's. You enjoyed being completely alone to some extent.

"Hey I got you a surprise." You traded the blunt with him for a little purple wrapped up box. You shook it once to hear something jostling around. You give Boris a look of curiosity as he leans back in the uncomfortable hospital chair, kicking his boots up onto your bed. You glare at his dirty boots before ignoring the sight. Peeling the shiny purple wrapping paper off it showed a simple box you slid open, revealing an old purple flip phone. "Woah this is ancient." You smile at Boris who took offense. "Hey that's the only phone brand in Hell that can't be tapped." Boris said a matter of factly.

"Wow." Was all you could say as you flipped the phone open. The screen lit up red and displayed the phones service company in the flash of advertisement. Then you were sent to the Home Screen. "Look at the contacts." Boris chipped in. Apparently that's where the real gift was. As you clicked through the buttons to learn the controls, you eventually learned the four circled buttons control where you clicked and moved. Going to the multiple demon shaped icons, you clicked one to see it was the contacts. You smiled genuinely this time at the names displayed.