Chapter I

"Sam, stop over there, I need to pee" Leslie Baywidge-now Leslie Garner, pointed as she vibrated her legs coarsely.
"We're fifteen minutes away from the motel! Can't you hold it?" Samuel Garner argued.
"I still don't get why we're staying at a motel. Why not a hotel? This is supposed to be a vacation...!" Aspen Garner interrupted.
"Hun, shh." Samuel signaled. She leaned back and folded her arms.
"It can't wait. Unless you want my pee and the babies pee all over your Ford carpet" Leslie said.
"Fine" Samuel gave in. He pulled into the gas station in his silver 2012 Ford Pick-up truck. The wheels had been almost as big as Leslie's ego. As soon as it parked, Lesie and Aspen scurried over to the rest stop.

"Where y'all headed?" a man walked up to Samuel who was pumping gas into the polished car.
"How did you know we were headed somewhere?" Samuel asked.
"Im psychic." he said. He paused. "...and you've got your bags packed in the back of your truck which by the way, is very nice" he added. "Name's Kurt" he added, again.
"Well, Kurt. We're headed to Sedow. It's a couple towns over from Los Angeles, very nice. Parents used to live there. They unfortunately passed away. Within 2 weeks of each other. It was strange. Almost as strange as the fact that they lived to 95 and 96" Samuel said.
"I know Sedow. Nice, where you staying? Edgewood Hotel?" Kurt asked.
"No, Blue Swallow Motel. It's easiest on my wallet" Samuel joked. A flushed, terrified, worried look struck Kurt's face. It had been almost like he had seen a ghost behind Samuel.
"Y-you can't stay there" Kurt stuttered.
"Well why not?" Sam asked.
"T-trust me when I say this- it's not a good idea" Kurt spilled.
"Why?" Sam asked. Leslie and Aspen walked out of the ladies rest room and to the car.
"Sam, let's go!" Leslie yelled.
"I-I got to go. Have nice day." Samuel gave a questioned look. Samuel hopped into his truck and drove off. Kurt watched them drive away, and ran inside. He picked up the phone, and stared off into the vanishing point of the long, narrow, road.