Twenty One

"Wanda? You there?" Natasha whispers just as she had for the past week anytime she thought nobody would notice. So far there's been no answer and she was starting to wonder if maybe Wanda wasn't there at all but in a different facility. "Wanda?" She whispers again just as her guard walks towards her.

"Who are you talking to?" He demands.

Natasha motions to the small exercise room that's empty aside from the two of them, "to myself. Who else would I be talking to?"

The guard gives her a suspicious look but goes back to his post by the door.

Natasha goes back to her exercises, ignoring the aching in her shoulder as she lifted weights. This had become her routine the past few days- wake up, moldy breakfast, workout, fight club, medical and back to the cell.

No deviation. No talking. No Yelena or Wanda.

After that first day Natasha and Yelena hadn't seen each other again. They were still within coms range so they could talk in the darkness of their cells but neither of them had been able to contact Wanda, something that had them both worried.

They also hadn't seen Elodie the past few days, or Red Daughter as she'd called herself. The name made a pit form in Natasha's stomach. She knew the name, knew what it meant.

Only the most loyal, the one with the most kills, the perfect mission record, the one who would do anything for the Red Room gets to be called Red Daughter.

She was the perfect Widow.

It had been a name that Natasha had once strived to achieve before she saw what the Red Room truly was and the fact that her daughter had earned the name only made Natasha more determined to get Elodie away from here.

And she was still Elodie to Natasha and she always would be.

Regardless of what the girl had done to them, she was still Elodie Romanoff, daughter of Natasha Romanoff, and Natasha was going to free her no matter what it took.

She just had to find her first.
And Wanda.
And get the graft onto a guard who was going to a computer terminal.
And then pray that JARVIS could hack the system. And then pray that the team would be able to find them.

Natasha sighs and drops her weights with a clang just as the door opens and the girl in question walks in, her white tank top wrinkled and her hair slightly a mess, stopping in surprise when she sees Natasha. Turning to the guard she seethes, "why is she here?"

"Dreykovs orders for the prisoner are to get her in fighting shape."

"I am aware," she says slowly. "But why is she here, in my personal room?"

The guard shifts nervously, "Dreykovs orders."

Natasha expects Elodie her to argue but the girl just sighs and walks to the bench press, ignoring Natasha and piling on more weights than even Natasha could do. Natasha watches her get into position, ready to jump up if the girl needs help.

Elodie grips the bar, breathes deeply and pushes the bar up, straining slightly for a brief moment before the bar moves with ease.

Natasha watches her, counting each rep, watching Elodie get drenched in sweat but never stopping until her arms start to shake and she struggles to make the final push to put the bar back.

At the first tremble, Natasha is ups me moving to the girl, pulling the bar up and racking it before stepping back as Elodie sits up. The girl looks at her, her eyes red like how Wanda's gets when she uses her powers, the green completely gone form them. While it's unnerving, it's not what Natasha focuses on or what makes her worried.