One Shot

Suzuki Sonoko was many things, heiress of the Suzuki Zaibatsu, richest teen in Beika and maybe in all of Japan, but the best thing about Sonoko was, was that she was the most loyal friend one could ever have.

And Sonoko took her friendships with anyone seriously, mostly Ran and Shinichi, since they've known each other since kindergarten. And Sonoko didn't allow anyone to be her friend easily, knowing some people just see her for her money, and she wanted people who saw her for herself.

And then came Sera Masumi. Sure, she was cool being a detective and a fighter, but Sonoko didn't immediately let her be her friend, especially when the girl literally threw herself at them, but after some time, Sonoko accepted the girl as her friend.

And now Sonoko didn't like how Masumi had been depressed for the past few days, not laughing and joking with them as always. There was something going on, especially with how Sonoko spotted Masumi often throwing glances at Amuro, but with a sad broken look on her face.

And when Masumi asked Ran to sleep over at her house for a couple of days, Sonoko decided to not stand by.

~•~•~•~

"Oh great... First the brat, now two other people are gonna live with me.... More costs...", Kogoro grumbled once he saw Sonoko and Masumi walking in with Ran, carrying sleeping bags. Masumi slightly winced while Sonoko glared at Kogoro, but Ran decided to end things.

"One, Okaasan is the one who pays for my tuition, which is the most expensive thing. Two, my friends, my problem, but they actually aren't.", Ran answered coldly before she smiled at Kogoro, "And three, it's your job to provide for this family....".

Conan couldn't help but snicker at Kogoro's horrified look, enjoying it way too much, 'Oh, I love it when Ran does that to Occhan!'.

~•~•~•~

At night, the girls sat on Ran's bed wearing pyjamas, and Conan was sleeping, or more like pretending to be asleep on his futon on the ground next to the bed, because Kogoro was snoring way too loud in his room.

"So what's going on between you and Amuro-san?", Sonoko asked immediately making Conan raise an eyebrow curiously.

"W-what do you mean?", Masumi asked nervously.

"We've noticed you've been looking at him a lot.", Ran said.

"We know he is kind of cute and all, but you've looking at him way too much, with blushes and all.", Sonoko teased.

"And I saw him staring at her when she wasn't looking too!", Ran said making Masumi look at her hopefully for a second.

"For real? He is interested in me?!", Masumi asked in disbelief.

'Oi Oi... don't tell me Sera likes Furuya-san and he likes her too... Akai-san is not going to like that.', Conan deadpanned.

But just as she immediately became excited, she returned back to being gloomy.

"No... you must be a wrong. There is no way he likes me...", She shook her head.

"OKAY THAT'S IT!!!", Sonoko cried, making the girls and Conan nearly jump in their places.

"You've been gloomy, depressed, silent, and almost avoiding us... you were never like that! Now, you're going to tell me what the hell is going on, or else I'm going to strangle the truth out of you!", Sonoko cried as she stared Masumi in the eye.

Masumi blinked a few times and Sonoko and Ran didn't fail to notice the tears in her eyes she was trying to hold back.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...", Masumi mumbled.