CHAPTER 07 - Migraine

Migraine

—————————

—————————

Camilas POV

I laid on my bed, eyes closed in attempt to fall asleep. It was only 4pm, yet the blackout curtains that refused entry to any sunlight, and the lights that lacked any electricity, allowed the room to be engulfed by darkness.

I tried keeping my head as still as possibly. Any movement would feel as if there was an earthquake going on inside my own head.

A glass of water sat on the small table next to my bed, the water being warm due to the time it had spent sitting still.

I don't experience migraines often, instead my body chooses to go with normal headaches. However, migraines feel much different in comparison. With a normal headache, it's a slight pain at the front of my head that can be solved with medication. However, with a migraine, It's like I can feel my brain moving every time I move. I can feel the pain pulsating at both sides of my head, and no matter how many painkillers I take, it doesn't go away. The pain becomes sensitive to light, sensitive to movement, sensitive to sound. So I try stay still, in my dark room, with my phone on do not disturb. 

Everyone in my household thinks I'm being dramatic. Well, everyone but Tomas as he also experiences the same thing, just less intense. But they don't know how it feels to stare at the ceiling with this pain, a pain that you cannot get rid of. You begin to sweat as the pain continues. And all you can do, is close your eyes and hope it will go away.

There's no telling how long they can last. Maybe it'll only be a few hours, or maybe it'll be a few days. You could only cross your fingers and wish it will be the first one. 

A knock on the door disturbs my thoughts, "hey Cam, you've been in here all day and you haven't left your room and you missed school" a voice speaks from the other side of the door. I can tell by the boyish voice that it was Tomas.

A small shine of light creeps into my room as he creaks the door open, "you've not ate today, you're gonna have to" he spoke.

"Please close the door" I mumble. I feel as if speaking will only worsen the pain.

He slowly closes the door and makes his way to the end of the bed, placing himself down on it. The weight of him caused my body to move down on the bed slightly.

"I could ask Joseph to cook you something" He said, although it sounded more like a question.

"Don't wanna move" I blandly replied.