🌠 Healing Trauma 🌸

As days turned into weeks, Sanskar and Laksh made it a routine to visit Swara. Swara had begun to trust them deeply, and her once pale, scared demeanor had given way to occasional smiles and even laughter. She had provided Laksh with crucial information, which had significantly advanced their investigation. The raid was scheduled for the next day, and it was crucial that Swara stayed there one more night.

Sanskar and Laksh arrived at the brothel one last time before the raid. As usual, Swara greeted them with a genuine smile, something that warmed Sanskar’s heart every time.

"Hey, look at you two. My personal bodyguards," Swara teased as they entered her room.

"Well, someone has to make sure you're safe and sound," Laksh said with a grin. "Plus, I can't miss out on your wonderful company."

They sat together, chatting and laughing. For the first time in a long while, Swara seemed genuinely at ease.

As the night wore on, Swara started feeling sleepy. Sanskar noticed and gently said, "You should get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day."

Swara nodded and lay down on the small cot. Sanskar sat beside her, and she fell asleep holding his hand. He looked at her peaceful face, her breathing steady, and felt a rush of emotions. She had been through so much, yet here she was, trusting him completely. He realized in that moment just how much he cared for her. It wasn’t just about protecting her or fulfilling his duty. He had fallen in love with her strength, resilience, and the beautiful person she was beneath all the scars and fears.

Laksh, noticing the tenderness in Sanskar’s eyes, nudged him playfully. "You look like a lovesick puppy, bro."

Sanskar blushed slightly but didn’t deny it. "I think I am, Laksh. I’ve never felt this way before."

Laksh grinned widely. "I knew it! The mighty Sanskar Maheshwari has finally fallen in love. But why haven’t you told her yet?"

Sanskar sighed, glancing at Swara’s sleeping form. "I don’t want to rush her. She’s been through enough. She needs time to heal completely before we talk about us."

Laksh nodded thoughtfully. "You’re right. She needs stability and support right now. But when the time is right, you better not chicken out."

Sanskar chuckled. "I won’t, I promise."

Laksh looked around the shabby room and shook his head. "You know, if someone had told me a few months ago that we’d be sitting in a brothel, solving cases, and falling in love, I’d have called them crazy."

Sanskar laughed softly. "Life has a funny way of turning out, doesn’t it?"

"Hey, Sanskar, remember the time you shouted at that constable at the police station?" Laksh suddenly brought up, smirking.

Sanskar rolled his eyes. "Don’t remind me. Swara totally put me in my place that day."

Laksh burst out laughing. "Yeah, I remember. She called you an idiot."

Sanskar shook his head, smiling. "And I guess I was. She was right, though. I was acting like a fool."

Their laughter filled the room, a stark contrast to the grim surroundings. Swara stirred slightly in her sleep but then settled back down, comforted by the familiar voices.

"So, what’s the plan for after all this is over?" Laksh asked, his tone turning serious.

Sanskar looked thoughtful. "I guess we’ll figure it out as we go. But one thing’s for sure: I’m not letting Swara out of my sight. I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure she’s happy and safe."