prolog

Some stories start out calm, very calm. Others jump immediately into the action. This one might be a mix of both, you never know. Our story starts in an apartment. “Mallie it's time for bed”said LaRue to her soon to be five year old daughter. Walking up to her mother and hugging her was a familiar, comforting feeling to her. Of course the hug was given back, as it always would be. Walking into her room and climbing up her creaking metal loft bed seemed almost different tonight, almost as if it wasn't meant to be. As soon as she was tucked into the covers and with Teddy in her arms, she was asleep. A sort of wrring, crackling sound awoke sweet Mallie from her deep sleep. Jerking upwards in her bed, she didn't notice that it made no sound at the sudden movement which it should have. The room glowed with beautiful colors. Mallie paid no heed to the new holes in the walls or the blood that covered so much. She also didn't notice her body still asleep in bed, still breathing despite her not being in it. The glowing, changing colors were coming from her closet. Mallie crawled out of her bed and climbed down the ladder of the bed, it still made no noise. Mallie be more aware damnit! Anyways, the swirling colors in her closet was like a beacon, drawing Mallie in more with each step. The portal spoke of a life beyond her wildest imaginings, of course how could she deny the chance to see what it offered? Her hand reached out and touched the portal, it tingled but it was oddly welcoming. A quick step in is all it took, and she was falling. Falling for eternity down that rabbit hole and consumed by the thrill it brought with it.
Woodline awoke with a start to one of the maids of the castle popping her head in and screaming at her to wake up. “Wake up now! You're going to be late! Her majesty demands you look presentable for the emissarys from Hell!”said the maid. As the maid barged in to get Woodline presentable, Woodline couldn't shake the feeling that today would change forever. “Why’d ye have to be born blind! Tis be why thy parents the Queen and King left and haveth came back!" Yelled the maid as she cleaned Woodline with quite possibly the roughest brush she could find. Oh did she wish that Armada, her older sister hadn't taken over. Woodline knew her parents had loved her and that due to her lack of magic to help her see Armada dispized her. The maid however was hand picked by Armada for her cruelty. The maid grabbed Woodline by the arm and threw her at the door,her face collided with the wood with a thunk. " Blasted child doth i have to do everything for thee?!" Screached the maid who was quickly moving twords Woodline to shove her at the door again. Woodline was already running and out the door before the maid reached her. By the time the maid was out the door , Woodline was down the hall and closer to the throne room than her room and the cruel maid. As she entered she felt her younger sister who was blessed with magic come up behind her and cling to her dress. "Scary" said Kamari quietly. Woodline did her best to soothe her younger sister whom was only two while standing at attention in her usual spot. Woodline and Kamari listened to the entire extange between Queen Armada and Hell's emissary. Bn, a long time friend of Woodline's at some point came up beside  Woodline and her younger sib. When it came time to sign the deel is when things went south. Mallie was getting tired of falling when the other end of the portal finally opened to a throne room. She fell from the celing of the throne room and despite all logic had landed unharmed. A quick observation told her she wasn't anywhere she was supposed to be. Mallie's instincts told her the children were safe to be around and to avoid the others. "What is the meaning of this?!" Demanded the smoke lady on the throne, who was now standing. The man with horns looked safer to be around than the lady on the throne. Mallie made a mad dash twords the other children surprisingly for a four year old she ran suprisingly well. She managed to get to the other children and straight up hugged the most ingured one. Yes there were guards on the floor behind her and a very angry Queen. The demon was amused however and was laughing. Mallie felt her energy sap away from her, but she kept hugging the pretty white haired child. Woodline didn't know what had caused Armada to demand and explanation, nor did she know what caused the guards to act. She didn't know until after Bn and the Demon started laughing hysterically. Woodline felt an unfamiliar set of arms go around her and suddenly the world was extremely bright. She could see. She could see her wounds healing, she could feel her magic finally open an eye. But the worst part was everyones reactions. Bn and her father were suddenly no longer laughing, no they were fuming at Armada. Even the guards were pissed. Kamari was entirely behind her now cowering. A human child was hugging her and refusing to let go. Woodline could have sworn human's couldn't come to Chrysanthemum, but here one was. Finally Armada's expression, of pure rage. Armada screamed her magic went haywire in response to her rage. The floor began to crack and shatter and everyone panicked. The human child was summoned back to her world, the Demon emissary grabbed both her and Bn, a knight grabbed Kamari. Everyone ran from the castle as it split the earth. Then before she went unconscious she watched as they retreated the dead rose.