𝖎𝖝. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕𝖘

CHAPTER 9:THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS(3x20: lo-fi)

CHAPTER 9:
THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS
(3x20: lo-fi)

▣▣▣▣▣▣

        "ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED AND we're not even invited? You disappoint me, Theodora," Amelia scoffed as she entered the kitchen, where Theo was pouring the coffee from the pot into her thermos before heading into the office. Hotch called her last night to come in early the next morning, because he got a call from a friend in New York, asking for their help with an ongoing case.

        "I see you slept well. Maybe too well," Theo muttered without looking up. She was wearing her new white pantsuit she bought last week, when there was a sale in one of her favorite clothing stores. Of course, she wasn't planning on getting married again anytime soon, if ever. But then, she hadn't expected to fall in love with someone either, so who knew what the future held for her, really? Never say never, right? "The team got called in from New York, people are getting shot randomly, the whole city is kinda under attack. I don't know when I'll be back." Theo closed the thermos and turned towards Amelia.

        "Don't worry, we'll be fine with Grace." The older woman smiled, then walked up to Theo and kissed her on the cheek. "It's you who I'm worried about. Tell that man of yours to bring you back in one piece," she added, causing her daughter to grimace as she turned away.

        "Mom, please," Theo groaned, and Amelia let out a chuckle as she grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the kitchen counter and stepped to the sink to wash it.

        "What? It's true. Has he managed to lure you into his bed yet?" Amelia smirked, biting into the red fruit.

        "I'm not continuing this conversation." Theo shook her head.

        "Come on, Theodora. Spill your dear old mother some juicy details. It's so boring to be home all day, nothing interesting happens," Amelia groaned, and Theo let out a laugh as she put her hands onto her hips.

        "Why don't you go and visit some of your friends? Dorothy next door always has some rumors for you. Or Margaret on the other side of the street. That woman talks more than a politician during campaign season."

        Amelia nodded. "I'm going over to her this afternoon."

        "Good. Then you'll have your news. Now, leave my love life alone, thank you." She grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl and went to put it away into her go bag.

        "I can't believe you're not interested in how he could—"

        Theo burst out, "Mom!"

        "Alright, alright. I'm done. Be safe, and call!" Amelia pointed at Theo.

        "As always," she reassured her mother, then added, "Tell Grace I love her." She grabbed her go bag and coffee thermos, and walked out of the house. Jesus, this woman, she groaned inwardly as she got into her car and drove off.